The project that you will be working on is a search engine that powers end user’s search and browse experience for media content across Set Top Boxes, Mobile Apps and Xfinity Flex devices. With a customer base of 30 million plus (and growing) we take care of about 1.5 billion requests per day. The video content catalog is constantly growing which always poses a challenge to engineers to ensure that the system is performing at its best and returning results in a few hundred milliseconds even during peak usage of the system. The project is built on microservice architecture with about 300 instances across multiple data centers which are hosted on public and private cloud infrastructure.
As a software engineer, you will work on specific projects critical to Comcast’s entertainment information discovery needs. Our software engineers develop the next-generation technologies that provide pathways for how millions of users explore and interact with video content. We’re looking for engineers who bring fresh ideas from all areas, including information retrieval, distributed computing and large-scale system design. We need our engineers to be versatile, display leadership skills and be enthusiastic to seek new problems across the full-stack as we continue to push technology forward.
- Analyze requirements, design, develop and unit test code.
- Design and develop low latency/high efficiency components to handle large volume of transactions.
- Manage individual project priorities, deadlines and deliverables.
- Work in a collaborative manner within the team as well as external teams.
- Assist in the roll-out of software releases.
- Assist in tracking and evaluating performance metrics.
- Mentor and provide direction in architecture and design to fellow software engineers.
- Bachelor’s or master’s degree in Computer Science or similar field of study.
- Requires 8 to 12 years related experience.
- A strong hands-on programmer with proven track record in writing good quality efficient code.
- Experience building large scale applications as part of a team (ideally using Agile).
- Expertise in Java and/or Scala.
- Experience with Bash, Linux environments and utilities.
- Experience in identifying performance bottlenecks and their root causes.
- Experience working with agile practices.
- Strong problem-solving and analysis skills, a team player and passion for learning and adapting to new technologies.
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer.
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.com.