Job DescriptionThe video origin team is building a new iteration of our video services that allows instant and scalable video broadcasting in a multi-tenant fashion. We are looking for a senior engineer, with strong architectural as well as debugging skills, that cares about scalability, availability and quality to build the next generation of our new multi-tenant video services. We’ll be solving scaling and algorithmic problems that have never been tackled before. We effectively use a wide variety of techniques across many domains to bring leading-edge cost effective instantly provisioned video ingestion and encoding.Being a part of the video origin team will mean your focus will be on discovering innovative solutions to scale up and reduce the cost of video data ingestion and encoding, from networking down to the hardware layer. We have a very unique opportunity to shape the future of the video industry and your goal to solve challenging problems will play a key role in its success. You will get exposure to all this, while having a fun and supportive culture at your disposal.Perks
– Full benefits, including medical, dental, vision and life.
– Catered daily lunch and dinners (and hearty breakfasts three times a week).
– Unlimited snacks and drinks.
– Monthly in-office massages.
– Corporate gym membership.
– Commuter benefits
– Flexible time off policy.
– Weekly happy hours and opportunity to attend one gaming event or tournament.
– Top of the line technology to help you build your own workspace.About TwitchTwitch is the worlds leading video platform and community for gamers, with more than 100 million visitors per month. We connect gamers from around the world by allowing them to broadcast, watch, and chat with each other. Twitchs live and on-demand video platform forms the backbone of a distribution network for video game broadcasters including pro players, tournaments, leagues, developers and gaming media organizations. Twitch is leading a revolution in gaming culture, turning gameplay into an immersive video experience. Learn more at: ****************
– Work effectively with other groups at Twitch and Amazon in order to deliver new components of the twitch video infrastructure
– Lead in the design, implementation, and deployment of successful internet-scale systems and services in support of the twitch video infrastructure
– Ensure the quality of architecture and design of systems.
– Possess expert knowledge in performance, security, scalability, architecture, and best practices.
– Designing, building and maintaining scalable and reliable API frameworks and libraries
– Writing tooling and services generation to make video broadcasting more efficient, easy, and robust.
– Mentoring junior engineers and constantly raise the bar of engineering practices across the team
– BS or higher in CS with a minimum of 5 years of relevant, broad engineering experience required.
– Proven track record of leading the delivery of large-scale, highly available, low latency, high quality systems and software products.
– Hands-on technical experience in either building complex distributed systems or in designing platforms.
– Experience leading development cycle processes and best practices.
– Experience with cell based architectures and distributed systems
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.com.