Middleware experience required
Senior Software Engineer- Data Warehouse
Who you are:
It takes a passion for technology to develop ground-breaking products. You can balance customer needs with business goals and know how to deliver technical solutions that enhance business value. Creative, curious, and highly analytical, you never stop learning and thrive on constant change in the digital marketplace.
What you will do – Essential Responsibilities
- Work with fellow associates to understand the real-life challenges of customers and discover what they need
- Collaborate with colleagues in product design, product management and systems architecture to develop experimental solutions and bring great ideas to life.
- Market your innovative ideas internally and evolve them according to feedback and critique within an agile environment.
- Stay on top of industry trends and best practice to continuously improve what we do and ensure our customer experience is the best it can be.
Qualifications and Requirements
- Bachelor's degree, preferably in Computer Science, Information Technology, Computer Engineering, or related IT discipline
- 5 or more years of experience designing, developing, and testing of software applications and/or infrastructure
- Basic experience with API design and integration
- Experience with middleware tools, IBM MQ, Kafka, IBM ACE preferred
- Strong communication skills
- Expert knowledge of the Agile methodologies
- Experience working within an Extraction Transform Load (ETL) software
- Experience working within Data Warehouse environments
- 2+ years of relevant work experience
- Must be passionate about contributing to an organization focused on continuously improving consumer experiences
- Experience as a software developer working with product teams
Technology Experience Required:
- Oracle OIC and Oracle OCI
- API designs (REST & SOAP)
- Extract Transform Load (ETL)
- Security and Data Protection
- Data Storage Solutions
- Database Schemas
- Data Migration and Scripting
- Security Compliance
- Master's Degree
- Oracle fusion financial
- IBM Ace
- Develop and maintain data warehouse objects
- Microsoft SQL Server Scripting and Data Models
- Stateless/Sessions Design
- Distributed Servers
- Continuous Integration
Location, work schedule, travel requirements:
- Work at home in the US
- Able to work in the Eastern Standard Time zone (EST)
It's not about what we think is important. It's what matters to you that counts. Humana offers a variety of benefits to promote the best health and well-being of our associates and their families.
You'll experience the following perks as a full-time Humana employee:
Compensation and Financial Security — Our pay philosophy is designed to motivate and reward associates for their skills and contributions to the company. We provide options to help you plan for your future and protect your assets: Competitive base pay, Recognition pay, 401(k) retirement savings plan (125% match for the first 6% contributed by an associate), etc.
Your Whole Health — Humana's health products and services are designed to encourage personal wellness and smart healthcare decisions for you and your family: Medical, dental, and vision benefits, Health plan incentives, Paternity leave, etc.
Work Perks — Humana knows your life extends outside of work. We have many options to support your interests and needs. Some departments have the flexibility to allow associates to work from home, and we offer all associates: Paid time off, holidays, volunteer time, jury duty pay, Associate charity matching program, Discount programs with major retailers, etc.
Grow With Us — Humana provides growth and career opportunities that can help you develop your skills and build your future with the organization: Internal and external learning events, Tuition assistance, Inclusion and diversity training, etc.
For more than 60 years, Humana has been a proven leader and innovator in the health and wellness industry. A passionate emphasis on people, choice, well-being, and innovation guide our business practices and culture. We're not just a health insurance company. Our diverse lines of business position us to serve millions of people with a wide range of needs, including seniors, military members, and self-employed individuals.
If you're looking for a career that provides opportunities for growth and development in a stable industry, Humana might be the right fit for you.
60 — We have been committed to seniors' health and care for nearly 60 years.
46K — We have 46,000+ associates.
#56 — Ranked #56 on the Fortune 500 list in 2019.
16.6M+ — We have 16.6+ million medical members across all 50 states.
12M — Since 2001, we have awarded more than $12 million in scholarships to children of Humana associates.
It is our policy to recruit, hire, train, and promote people without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, or veteran status, except where age, sex, or physical status is a bona fide occupational qualification.
You can find out more about us and view our current career opportunities at https://careers.humana.com.
Humana and its subsidiaries require vaccinated associates who work outside of their home to submit proof of vaccination, including COVID-19 boosters. Associates who remain unvaccinated must either undergo weekly negative COVID testing OR wear a mask at all times while in a Humana facility or while working in the field.
Alert: Humana values personal identity protection. Please be aware that applicants being considered for an interview will be asked to provide a social security number, if it is not already on file. When required, an email will be sent from Humana@myworkday.com with instructions to add the information into the application at Humana’s secure website.
As part of our hiring process for this opportunity, we will be using an exciting interviewing technology called Modern Hire to enhance our hiring and decision-making ability. Modern Hire allows us to quickly connect and gain valuable information for you pertaining to your relevant skills and experience at a time that is best for your schedule.
If you are selected for a first round interview, you will receive an email correspondence inviting you to participate in a Modern Hire interview. In this interview, you will receive a set of interview questions over your phone and you will provide recorded or text message responses to each question. You should anticipate this interview to take about 15 minutes. Your recorded interview will be reviewed, and you will subsequently be informed if you will be moving forward to next round of interviews.
- WAH requirements: Must have the ability to provide a high speed DSL or cable modem for a home office.
- Associates or contractors who live and work from home in the state of California will be provided payment for their internet expense.
- A minimum standard speed for optimal performance of 25×10 (25mpbs download x 10mpbs upload) is required.
- Satellite and Wireless Internet service is NOT allowed for this role.
- A dedicated space lacking ongoing interruptions to protect member PHI / HIPAA information
Scheduled Weekly Hours
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.com.