Humana’s Provider Process and Services (PPS) organization is looking for a Senior Software Engineer to join the Provider Transparency Solutions team. This team promotes provider transparency and collaboration, internally and externally, and create the materials and tools for providers to make it easier for them to do business with Humana and to support provider-facing associates.
The Senior Software Engineer collaborates with business users to understand business needs, designs solutions, and codes software applications based on those business requirements. The primary responsibility is continued development and enhancement of the PPS Issue Management System. This is a remote role, however, if you live within a commutable distance of the Louisville Clocktower Humana office (123 E. Main Street, Louisville, KY 40202) you will have the availability to work in-office for in-person collaboration once CDC restrictions are lifted.
Key Role Functions
Support existing IMS users, working to create new functionality for the users, and planning for and designing the next generation of the tool
Participate in all aspects of the development process, to include consulting with business users to identify and document requirements, design, development, testing, debugging, developing fixes, etc.
Respond to inquiries and requests from business users
Suggest enhancements and technical improvements
Respond to feedback, researches complaints and makes necessary adjustments and/or recommendations to resolve complex software related issues
Cross-functional collaboration with business users, primarily in PPS and market offices), leaders across PPS, IT, data experts and Government Business Operations (GBO) associates
- Minimum 3 years of experience designing, developing, and testing software applications and/or infrastructure
- Experience with Vue 2, Vue 3, Angular, and/or React
- General knowledge of SQL
- Experience with consultation/collaboration with business partners/users
- Knowledgeable of and able to apply basic tenets of project management, including requirements gathering, and development of project documentation
Work at Home/Remote Requirements
- Must ensure designated work area is free from distractions during work hours and virtual meetings
- Must provide a high-speed DSL or cable modem for a workspace (Satellite and Hotspots are prohibited). A minimum standard speed of 25×10 (25mbs download x 10 mbs upload) for optimal performance of is required
- Bachelor's Degre
- Experience working with SQL Server
- Advanced functions, SSIS – automated packages for gathering data from other sources
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite
- Knowledge of user-centered design and user interface skills
- Experience with project management methodologies and system development life cycles
- Experience in healthcare industry
Covid-19 Vaccine Policy
Humana and its subsidiaries require vaccinated associates who work outside of their home to submit proof of vaccination, including COVID-19 boosters. Associates who remain unvaccinated must either undergo weekly negative COVID testing OR wear a mask at all times while in a Humana facility or while working in the field. Every associate and contractor who work inside a Humana facility or in the field, regardless of vaccination status, must complete a daily health screening questionnaire.
- This is a remote role, however, if you live within a commutable distance of the Louisville Clocktower Humana office (123 E. Main Street, Louisville, KY 40202) you will have the availability to work in-office for in-person collaboration once CDC restrictions are lifted.
- As part of our hiring process for this opportunity, we will be using an exciting interviewing technology called Modern Hire to enhance our hiring and decision-making ability. Modern Hire allows us to quickly connect and gain valuable information from you pertaining to your relevant skills and experience at a time that is best for your schedule. If you are selected for a first round interview, you will receive an email correspondence (please be sure to check your spam or junk folders often to ensure communication isn’t missed) inviting you to participate in a Modern Hire interview. In this interview, you will listen to a set of interview questions over your phone and you will provide recorded responses to each question. You should anticipate this interview to take about 15 to 30 minutes. Your recorded interview will be reviewed and you will subsequently be informed if you will be moving forward to next round of interviews. #LI-Remote
Scheduled Weekly Hours
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.com.