What is the opportunity?
As a Senior Software Quality Engineering Analyst, you will be responsible for test planning, quality engineering activities across the SDLC, automated test script development/execution and providing leadership to offshore partners.
What will you do?
– Partner with Application Development project members and participates in software design activities, program testing and integration testing of software
– Partner with IT and assigned business line(s) to assess, research, plan, supervise and execute functional & UAT testing activities to measure and contribute to the delivery of a quality application or system that meets business objectives
– Select appropriate test strategies (test-driven design, risk-based, time boxed, top-down, bottom-up, black-box, white-box, automation) for various situations
– Ensures the final product not only meets with RBC and governmental guidelines but also reaches the consumer market at the appointed time
– Provide optimized End to End test schedule to ensure cross-vertical/platform testing activities are aligned to project test schedule
– Supervise and provide mentoring and leadership to Software Quality Engineering Analyst within their Portfolio and/or QA Team
– Effectively communicates and builds rapport with team members, stakeholders and business partners using a variety of techniques and collaboration from initiation to close
What do you need to succeed?
– Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent work experience in related fields/areas
– 5+ years of experience in software quality engineering or equivalent experience and a fundamental understanding of quality philosophies and principles
– QA/testing experience using a variety of automated tools and experience with Agile methodology and tools such as Rally, Jira, and/or LoadRunner,
– Advanced knowledge of API’s, .NET, Mainframe, Oracle, Unix, and Web Services/mid-tier and ability to create and execute SQL select statements to retrieve database information
– Offshore team leadership and strong project management skills
– Performance testing experience
What’s in it for you?
We thrive on the challenge to be our best, progressive thinking to keep growing, and working together to deliver trusted advice to help our clients thrive and communities prosper. We care about each other, reaching our potential, making a difference to our communities, and achieving success that is mutual.
– Client First: We will always earn the right to be our clients’ first choice
– Collaboration: We win as One RBC
– Accountability: We take ownership for personal and collective high performance
– Diversity & Inclusion: We embrace diversity for innovation and growth
– Integrity: We hold ourselves to the highest standards to build trust
Royal Bank of Canada is Canada’s largest bank, and one of the largest banks in the world, based on market capitalization. We are one of North America’s leading diversified financial services companies, and provide personal and commercial banking, wealth management, insurance, investor services and capital markets products and services on a global basis. We have over 80,000 full- and part-time employees who serve more than 16 million personal, business, public sector and institutional clients through offices in Canada, the U.S. and 37 other countries. For more information, please visit .
Join our Talent Community
Stay in-the-know about great career opportunities at RBC. It’s easy! and get the inside scoop on the jobs, career paths, and recruitment events that matter to you.
Inclusion and Equal Opportunity Employment
RBC is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. We are pleased to consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veterans status, Aboriginal/Native American status or any other legally-protected factors. Disability-related accommodations during the application process are available upon request.
60 South 6th Street
Regular – U.S.
Salary + Variable Bonus
Required Travel (%):
RBC is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. We are pleased to consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veterans status or any other legally-protected factors.
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.com.