Your typical high school algebra student might shiver at the thought of a test. But for some folks, testing is their jam. Like a Cox Automotive Senior Software Test Engineer, for example. We're looking for someone who can ace – and help enhance – our testing and quality assurance process, ensuring the superior quality of our products, providing better usability and enhanced functionality for our automotive clients and everyday consumers.
At Cox Automotive, our engineers and technologists are literally changing the way people buy, sell, and use cars. With operations across five continents and powerhouse consumer and b2b brands like Autotrader, Kelly Blue Book and Manheim in our family, we have the reach to make this transformation happen in new and exciting ways.
And now, we're working on creating a future that is autonomous, connected, electric and shared. And you, my friend, could make this a reality. All while working in an environment where we lift each other up and share a deep commitment both to our people and to our purpose of building a brighter future for the next generation.
Let's talk shop for a sec. You'll also get to demonstrate your testing prowess and expertise with some remarkable technologies, including Java, PostgreSQL, Appium, Selenium Web driver, Lambda Test, TestNG, Git, GitHub Actions, Rally, AWS, Bash, New Relic, Splunk, Firebase, Salesforce, and PagerDuty.
Sound like your kind of testing? Well, if you've got questions, we've got answers. Keep reading about this great opportunity.
What You'll Do
This sweet gig comes with an impressive list of responsibilities. We know you can handle them. Here are a few of the highlights of this opportunity:
- You'll build quality in by increasing test code coverage and building software in which testing is automated from the outset instead of relying on manual testing techniques.
- You'll perform testing efforts for automated activities across supported applications.
- You'll also be responsible for API, mobile and web automation.
- You'll be responsible for a range of testing activities, including designing and maintaining test suites, executing test scenarios with automation first approach, developing automated regression tests in industry standard testing frameworks.
- You'll also get to provide your own testing expertise, advice, and guidance, while monitoring emerging technologies.
- We'll look to you to write, debug, and execute code in regression tests
- You'll be responsible for debugging supported applications end to end
- You'll take part in our SDLC testing strategy, test data management strategy, and the quality of the supported applications.You'll follow processes and best practices for testing, as well as the lifecycle for any defects that are discovered.
- You'll have your arms around the challenges that delivery and operations teams face in their day-to-day work so you can partner with them to create solid solutions.
- You'll offer up improvements to testing processes, technology, and interfaces that improve the effectiveness of testing teams and reduce technical debt.
- You'll coordinate regression test automation activities across supported applications.
- You'll have a firm grasp on the challenges that delivery and operations teams face in their day-to-day work and partner with them to come up with on-point solutions.
Technology We Use:
Java, PostgreSQL, Appium, Selenium Web driver, Lambda Test, TestNG, Git, GitHub Actions, Rally, AWS/Azure/GCP, Bash, New Relic, Splunk, Firebase, Salesforce, and PagerDuty.
Who You Are
You're someone who understands great things never came out of comfort zones. The world is changing fast, and your grit, gray matter and grace will be essential to our success. Here are a few additional tidbits that describe you:
- Bachelor's degree in computer science (or a similar field)
- 5+ years of quality assurance experience
- 3+ years of automation experience
- 1+ years of mobile testing experience
- 1+ years of experience in Java
- You have hands on experience in mobile & web automation, software test tools & processes, building & updating frameworks, and consumer-facing applications & databases.
- Experience in quality test cloud platform like Sauce Labs, Browser stack or Lambda Test
- Experience in testing cloud-based Web and Mobile Applications
- You have experience with scripting and configuration tools, agile development methodologies, analysis, design, and programming.
- You are highly collaborative, good team player, humble, ambitious, and continuously improving.
- You're comfortable with the idea of communicating with teams, regardless of their location.
- You're self-motivated, a confident communicator, and always, always committed to doing the right thing.
About Cox Automotive
At Cox Automotive, people of every background are driven by their passion for mobility, innovation and community. We transform the way the world buys, sells, owns and uses cars, accelerating the industry with global powerhouse brands like Autotrader, Kelley Blue Book, Manheim and more. What's more, we do it all with an emphasis on employee growth and happiness. Drive your future forward and join Cox Automotive today!
Cox empowers employees to build a better future and has been doing so for over 120 years. With exciting investments and innovations across transportation, communications, cleantech and healthcare, our family of businesses – which includes Cox Automotive and Cox Communications – is forging a better future for us all. Ready to make your mark? Join us today!
Benefits of working at Cox may include health care insurance (medical, dental, vision), retirement planning (401(k)), and paid days off (sick leave, parental leave, flexible vacation/wellness days, and/or PTO). For more details on what benefits you may be offered, visit our benefits page .
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer – All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individual's age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law. Cox provides reasonable accommodations when requested by a qualified applicant or employee with disability, unless such accommodations would cause an undue hardship.
Statement to ALL Third-Party Agencies and Similar Organizations: Cox accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, Cox employees, Cox hiring manager, or send to any Cox facility. Cox is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.com.