Senior Solution Architect
Greenway Plaza, Houston, Texas
Direct Energy is a leading energy and energy-related services provider
with nearly five million residential and commercial customers in North
America. Direct Energy provides customers with choice and support in
managing their energy costs through a portfolio of innovative products
and services. A subsidiary of Centrica plc (LSE: CNA), one of the
world s leading integrated energy companies, Direct Energy operates in
50 U.S. states plus the District of Columbia and 10 provinces in
Canada. To learn more about Direct Energy, please visit
* Create high level solution models and solution architectures for
assigned projects aligned to business requirements
* Assure that the solution will technically deliver and meet the
needs of the business
* Contribute to the development of the Target Architecture aligned
to the business strategy
* Be the design authority on projects ensuring adherence to
architecture and design standards and the Target Architecture
* Develop the relevant subject matter expertise or identify and
utilise individuals with relevant expertise to assist them
* Develop investment cases and influence the business change
programme aligned to business requirements and the technology
* Be involved in high profile, large scale complex projects and
* Provide support in the creation of the IS Strategy
* Develop the technical capability of the organisation and coach
other solution architects
* Responsible for prioritisation and management of own workload, and
others as required
* Understand and contribute to the Target Operating Model for IS
which is aligned to the business and IS Strategy
* Supports the development of the project planning including
ensuring the phases are appropriate. For example, breaking out the
solution into different work packages etc.
* Support the development and qualification of the investment plan
* Support the budget development process for specific initiatives to
maximize the longer term business case
* Lead in the evaluation of the lifetime cost of architecture
components, and recommend initiatives for their optimization.
* Optimizes the value of the portfolio of applications and
technology through continuous management, creating initiatives for
change, gaining sponsorship by key IS and business stakeholders.
* Defines domain architectures as a reference for solution
architectures and designs in the appropriate domain. These
architectures should reflect a roadmap for the continuing
optimisation of the platform to reduce complexity and lifetime
* Provides thought leadership in area of expertise; mentoring and
coaching others in the architecture team
* Conducts presentations to both colleagues and within the industry
in order to share knowledge and ideas
* Identify and recommend the alignment of cross domain initiatives.
* Understand and actively follow the Architecture principles.
* Serving as the solution architect during the Concept phase of
* Understand and interpret requirements
* Probe for information
* Listen to information
* Influence people
* Facilitate consensus building
* Synthesize and translate ideas into actionable requirements
* Articulate those ideas to others.
* Provide advisory level consultancy for specific projects and
* Keep abreast with developments in the IT industry to ensure that
the architectures are kept in line the standards of the industry
and our strategic partners. Ensure that we only deviate for
* Works with external suppliers to ensure that the appropriate
technology direction is set with respect to systems, data and
* Works and effectively communicate with a wide range of
stakeholders in developing a solution that meets the needs of the
* Sets up and maintains strong relationships with stakeholders by
effectively managing expectations and inspiring confidence in
FSA Best Practice
* Ensure operational and regulatory risks are managed and escalated
as appropriate within the solution.
* Ensure that designs proposed include provision for the operation
of information systems to the required standard to maintain
accurate and secure records.
* Ensure that designs proposed provide adequate resources, including
contingency arrangements, to run the business and meet our
* Ensure that designs proposed adhere to the Competence and Training
procedures, in particular, to promote a culture where customers
are treated fairly and are properly informed.
* Apply Centrica values in all day to day activities.
* High level of engagement to develop effective working
relationships at all levels across the business, simplifying
complex technical messages and acting as an advocate of IT both
externally and internally.
* Strong commercial and customer awareness and a proven track record
of ensuring the customer is always at the forefront of decision
* Focused on achieving results using all resources available from
initiation through to delivery and feels comfortable to challenge
and be challenged.
* Ability to gain confidence of the business and colleagues through
excellent communication and influencing skills.
* Excellent communication, influencing and relationship building
* Ability to work effectively across complex matrix organisation
* Must be proficient in the techniques that go into producing
designs of complex IT systems, including requirements discovery
and analysis, formulation of business processes, identification of
solution alternatives and their assessment, and business
Direct Energy and its subsidiaries are an Equal Opportunity Employer
Centrica is committed to working with and providing reasonable
accommodation to individuals with physical and mental disabilities.
If you need special assistance or an accommodation while seeking
employment, please email **********************************. We will
make a determination of your request for a reasonable accommodation on
a case-by-case basis.
PLEASE APPLY ONLINE by hitting the ‘Apply’ button.
Applications will ONLY be accepted via the Apply button.
This role is being handled by the Centrica recruitment team and NO
agency contact is required.
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.com.