SENIOR SOLUTION ARCHITECT
As part of the Architecture and Planning department, Enterprise Architecture team members work closely with both business and IT stakeholders to discover, describe, and realize the business value in enterprise initiatives. The Senior Solution Architect provides analysis and design support for systems-level architecture projects ensuring that IT systems meet integration and interoperability requirements.
The Senior Solution Architect will be responsible for the oversight and direction of enterprise solutions across all of CSCs business units. The Solution Architect will lead business unit architects through the creation of business and technical architecture that meets customer requirements, optimize delivery execution, and partner with the internal technology organization to foster rapid business innovation and outcomes. The Solution Architect will be intimately familiar with our enterprise roadmap, technology footprint, and serve as the liaison between Business Partners, Solution Directors, and Product Owners.
The Senior Solution Architect will demonstrate a passion for understanding customer needs and evaluating emerging technologies to support the aspirations of the One CSC Vision. The Solution Architect will guide the construction of solution focused architectures based on CSC solution delivery notebook, Enterprise Architecture principles, industry standards, business and technical capabilities. The Solution Architect will foster stewardship and documentation of sufficient architectural views and use continuous improvement methods to create and gain adoption of durable standards that ensure understanding of developed solutions. This individual will be able to simplify and articulate complex ideas and make both strategic and tactical decisions. The Solution Architect in this role will practice design thinking, attentive listening, and actively engage other technical and business leaders throughout the organization to form recommendations. The Solution Architect will motivate others to perform all duties with a focus on quality of work and create a culture of professional development, accountability and self-awareness.
SOME OF THE THINGS YOU WILL BE DOING:
* Build and grow strong and effective relationships within CSC and its business units
* Lead solution architecture design to solve CSCs most complex business and technical needs, taking into consideration our security or privacy-related requirements.
* Recommend and participate in the analysis, evaluation and development of enterprise long-term strategic and operating plans to ensure that the EA objectives are consistent with the enterprises long-term business objectives
* Advise and recommend enterprise architecture strategies, processes and methodologies
* Translate business needs into optimal technical systems solutions. Design integrated hardware, software and network interfaces to form solutions to meet business needs
* Evaluate and recommends products that will evolve the organization’s technical infrastructure to meet business needs
* Partner with CSC technology group to ensure that the target architecture achieves business capability goals while creating the platform to reduce time to market and ensure security and privacy-related requirements are met.
* Partner with CSC software engineering group to establish more explicit connectivity of technology architecture to business and process architecture, promoting reuse of capabilities and existing enterprise solutions
* Work with the Enterprise Data team to develop a data strategy in support of target architecture and ensure security and privacy-related requirements are met
* Ensure consistency across technology implementations by working closely with delivery project teams, 3rd party vendors and other groups to establish and maintain effective standards and technology governance, including performing advisory role on complex initiatives
* Work with the SDLC & DevOps Lead to define in-house software development processes that are compliant with CSC policies and standards
* Develop and maintain a repository of architecture documentation, including detailed as-is application architecture, to-be application/reference architecture, integration architecture technology standards, application strategic postures, etc.
* Identify new opportunities and weigh solution alternatives against competing objectives
* Contribute extensively to the ongoing collection, development, review and adoption of architecture and development standards and best practices.
* Act as liaison between Technical team, Functional team, Business Functions, System Integrators, and Information Security to drive implementations.
* Conduct Solution Architecture reviews with project teams prior to design and development activities and ensure solution is secure, scalable, and aligned with internal product roadmaps and meets customers business requirements.
* Guide technical teams to deliver a secure, flexible, scalable solutions, provide mentorship and guidance to developers, as well as participate in internal initiatives as required.
* Provide guidance throughout the complex merger and acquisition integration process; work collaboratively with the newly acquired enterprise to ensure targeted acquisition integration activities are completed on time.
WHAT TECHNICAL SKILLS, EXPERIENCE, AND QUALIFICATIONS DO YOU NEED?
* Bachelors or higher degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or related field highly desired
* 10+ years relevant experience
* 5+ years relevant experience in the capacity of solution architecture
* Solid experience and expertise in performing hands-on solution design, solution architectures, architecture roadmaps, prototyping, proof-of-concepts, and development tasks as required in support of current and new projects, in addition to ensuring solution is secure, scalable, and meets overall business requirements.
* Experience with techniques and practices of Object-Oriented Analysis and Design, Service Oriented Architecture, Master Data Management, Product Development and Enterprise Application Integration patterns, techniques and tools
* Experience providing solutions across Order to Cash business processes is desired
* Experience in development with one or more technology stacks; .NET or Java is preferred
* Experience with BPM (Pega), CRM (Salesforce) and Oracle Integration suite experience highly preferred
* Understanding and practice of applying an enterprise architecture framework; TOGAF or similar framework preferred
* Experience using enterprise architecture tools; ALFABET experience preferred
* The ability to recognize structural issues within the organization, functional interdependencies and cross-silo redundancies
* Ability to apply architectural principles to business solutions
* Exceptional communication skills and the ability to communicate appropriately at all levels of the organization; this includes written and verbal communications as well as visualizations
WHY JOIN US?
At CSC, were always looking ahead, finding ways to improve and anticipate the future needs of our customers. Curiosity fuels our innovation and productivity drives our results. This proactive mindset has helped us adapt and create solutions that have enabled businesses to run smoother and smarter for more than 115 years.
CSC is committed to attracting, developing, and retaining talented people whose personal values align with ours. We empower our employees to bring the right solutions to market to meet customer demand. That is why we are the premier provider of global solutions for more than 180,000 businesses.
CSC is a great place to work with smart and dedicated people. We have been voted a Top Workplace for 11 consecutive years.
We offer challenging work and career opportunities. Most positions are filled with internal moves and employee referrals.
Employees are eligible for an annual success sharing bonus recognizing individual performance and a profit sharing bonus based on company performance.
CSC offers excellent benefits for you and your family, including 401(k) with employer match, medical/dental/life insurance, spouse and dependent life insurance, paid time off, tuition reimbursement, and more.
We recently completed building a new headquarters that supports current and future technology initiatives through open design, sit/stand workstations, digital interface points that enhance teamwork and collaboration, and alternative work environments with wireless access throughout the campus, including at our outside work areas. Its an exciting time for us in terms of growth and expansion.
CSC is the worlds leading provider of business, legal, tax, and digital brand services to companies around the globe. From keeping your business in compliance and streamlining operations, to protecting and promoting your brand online, we use our expertise and personal approach to help your business run smoother. We are the business behind business. We are the trusted partner for 90% of the Fortune 500, more than half of the Best Global Brands (Interbrand), nearly 10,000 law firms, and more than 3,000 financial organizations. Headquartered in Wilmington, Delaware, USA since 1899, we have offices throughout the United States, Canada, Europe, and the Asia-Pacific region. We are a global company capable of doing business wherever our clients areand we accomplish that by employing experts in every business we serve. CSC is an equal opportunity employer.
Disclaimer: The information above describes the general nature and level of work performed by employees in this role. It is not intended to be a description of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications.
Apply Now [*************************************************************************************************
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.com.