Smartronix, Inc., is an information technology and engineering solutions provider specializing in Cloud Computing, Cyber Security, Health IT, Network Operations, and Mission-Focused Engineering.
Smartronix Inc. a Premier Amazon Web Services Consulting Partner and Microsoft Gold partner is currently seeking a Sr. Solution Architect with a passion for technology, the ability to understand and assess new technologies and understanding their applicability to business. We are seeking a driven individual who has a desire to work with some of the best Cloud Architects in the Market. Today Smartronix serves Fortune 1000 Financial, Healthcare, and government agencies and other regulated markets worldwide in delivery of Cloud Services. Our architects support the full life cycle from client needs analysis, through design, build migration and go live. They are continually assessing emerging products and services that improve the business of the clients we serve.
The Sr. Solution Architect is a combination of an infrastructure and automation expert, trusted advisor and cloud services authority and will be responsible for design and implementation of IaaS and PaaS solutions executed and repeated in an Agile Enterprise Process workflow that includes peer reviews, automated testing, and close coordination with customers. #CJPOST
– Support the full project lifecycle – to include: strategy, design, implementation and automation, as well as production-readiness and documentation activities
– Produce high-quality technical design, build and procedure documentation
– Support project engagements, work collaboratively with other team members, communicate effectively, and foster team success
– Provide transparent and regular status updates to Smartronix Project and Account Management team members
– Actively contribute to internal Smartronix efforts
– Be able to jump into troubleshooting efforts when asked and as needed
– Achieve and maintain AWS certification levels
– In-depth understanding of core AWS services and industry proven design patterns
Strong hands-on scripting knowledge and experience – e.g.: Python, UNIX Scripting
Experience with large enterprise applications
– Ability to translate customer requirements and needs into proven design patterns
– A passion for coding simple, clean and well-tested solutions
– Understanding of designing and delivering with cost in mind
– Familiarity with translating customer workloads into micro-service driven architectures
– Strong hands-on experience with at least one infrastructure configuration management platform – e.g.: AWS OpsWorks, Terraform, Chef, Puppet, Ansible
– Baseline knowledge of IP networking, VPNs, DNS, firewalling, authentication and load balancing concepts
– Basic knowledge of database management systems
– Hands-on experience creating build scripts and/or deployment pipelines
– Familiarity with continuous integration services and supporting tools- e.g.: CodePipeline, Jenkins
– Familiarity with CloudFormation and JSON/YML
– Hands-on experience with containerization platforms and server-less computing desired but not required – i.e.: Docker, AWS ECS, AWS Lambda
– Hands-on experience with AWS ElasticBeanstalk desired but not required.
– Basic experience creating RESTful services desired but not required.
– Basic experience with one or more Content Management System a plus – e.g.: WordPress, Drupal, SharePoint, Sitecore
– Proven ability to document, promote and present your work to other teams and to customers
– Willingness and ability to collaborate across internal practices and with other team members
– Ability to work within an organized and structured delivery-centric team
– Basic experience creating RESTful services desired but not required
– Must be able to obtain Public Trust clearance
– 5+ years working or consulting directly on customer-facing project engagements
– 2+ years leveraging AWS platform services in a hands-on capacity
– Overall AWS expertise; Kinesis and Redshift a plus
– Proof of active AWS Solution Architect Associate, Professional or specialty-track certification desired
– Bachelor’s Degree required or additional
years of relevant Information Technology experience accepted in lieu of degree
Reston, Virginia, United States
US Citizenship Required
Clearance Level Required
02. Public Trust
We are an equal opportunity employer. Employment selection and related decisions are made without regard to sex, race, age, disability, religion, national origin, color or any other protected class.
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.com.