Senior Solutions Architect – Director Level
Job Locations US-MD-Baltimore
Req. # 2018-2751Division Global Information Business Solutions
Position Type Regular
Legg Mason is hiring a director level Senior Solutions Architect to execute the firm’s Technology Architecture Strategy. The SSA will function as part of a highly skilled agile development and architecture team supporting a strategic cloud program that includes Amazon Web Services and other cloud providers! The Enterprise Solutions Architect work across the organization globally to execute the firm’s technology architecture strategy. This role works directly with business owners, engineers, department heads, providing technical leadership, deep technology expertise and architecture experience. You will provide hands-on technical design and implementation ensuring technologies are successfully incorporated into customer environments. Please note that this role requires US citizenship and will work out of our beautiful downtown Baltimore -waterfront office!
Key Responsibilities & Duties Include, but not Limited to
Designs and defines Amazon Web Services architecture for new cloud computing systems or existing systems migrating to cloud architectures.
– Performs expert-level systems AWS development and design work that may include logical system design; I/O design; cloud architecture analysis and design; and systems engineering.
– Develops technical roadmaps for future on premise, hybrid, and AWS cloud implementations.
– Create an enterprise architecture strategy to best allow business and IT strategies to cohesively enable and drive each other and create IT strategy through collaboration to define future state, capture current state, and build transition architecture.
– Manage the architecture and configuration of an enterprise network environment with appropriate hardware, operating systems software, applications software etc.
– Build, maintain, and promote IT catalog and processes to the organization.
– Create and manage programs to avoid a single point of view comprised of individual silo projects.
– Work with business and IT stakeholders to drive a consensus based enterprise solution approach that is scalable and adaptable.
– Direct involvement in the development of policies, standards and guidelines that direct the selection, development, implementation and use of Information Technology within the enterprise.
– Build employee knowledge and skills in specific areas of expertise.
– View a problem from multiple angles to verify all issues will be addressed with the most efficiency for a selected approach or solution.
– Participate in technical studies and evaluations of needs and technological alternatives with other GIBS managers.
– Direct staff in the development and implementation of departmental policies, procedures and programs. Adhere to both company policy and governmental regulations concerning department.Ideal Qualifications and Experience
– Deep knowledge of technical infrastructure including servers, storage, databases, networks, firewalls, telephony, desktop, mobile devices and cloud-based solutions.
– Demonstrated knowledge of IT operations, systems, architecture, technical controls, data-centric issues, and considerations.
– Demonstrated experience overseeing delivery by third party service providers, maintaining knowledge of contractual terms and holding delivery managers accountable.
– Develops technical analysis on potential projects.
– Ensures security is integrated into all cloud architecture solutions.
– Acts as a subject-matter expert to multiple tasks and/or programs, but self-aware enough to know personal technical limits.
– Demonstrated ability to assess and enhance IT processes within an organization and knowledge of challenges faced by implementation teams.
– Collaborates with matrixed partners to ensure that resources are effectively leveraged and managed in order to deliver on solutions delivery projects and production support demands.
– Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college/university in Information Technology (IT), Computer Science, Business, or related field.
– 10+ years of IT, Director-level experience with both Development and Management roles.
– 5+ years’ experience in managing financials and other key performance indicators.
– Familiarity with IT Service Management (ITSM) and ITIL concepts.
– Strong development background.
Nice to Have’s:
– Master’s degree in a technical discipline.
– CISSP, MCSE, ITIL, PMP certifications.
– Change management practices/leadership 5+ years.
– AWS Certified Solutions Architect Associate.
– AWS Certified Solutions Architect Professional.
As a leading global asset management firm, Legg Mason offers rewarding career opportunities for individuals who share our passion for investing, and our commitment to putting clients first in everything we do. Whether you have industry experience and are seeking new challenges or are just beginning your career, we invite you to explore the many advantages of joining our global team.
With a presence in every major financial center across the globe, we are always looking for exceptional professionals who want to shape a rewarding career through intellectual curiosity, leadership and collaboration. If you’re looking to build your future with one of the industry’s premier firms, consider the many opportunities at Legg Mason today.
Legg Mason offers a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package which includes medical, dental, vision, 401(k) with company match, profit-sharing, extensive paid time off, employee stock purchase plan with company match, tuition reimbursement, paid parental leave, and much more! Learn more about our amazing culture and our benefits package here.
Looking for work-life balance? Legg Mason understands juggling work and home can be challenging, and that is why, where possible, we strive to offer employees a level of flexibility to help balance home life with work.
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.com.