Company SummaryJoin our team! As a global leader in providing title insurance, settlement services and risk solutions for real estate transactions, First American (NYSE: FAF) is an ideal place to build your career. We have been entrusted with helping our customers achieve and protect their dream of homeownership since 1889. We believe that our people are the key to the company’s continued success, and we invest in diverse talents and backgrounds and empower our teams to achieve more than they could anywhere else. First American has created an award-winning culture and has been named to the Fortune 100 Best Companies to Work For® list for the fifth consecutive year and to more than 50 regional Best Places to Work lists. For more information, please visit www.careers.firstam.com
We are well known for our excellence in Title Insurance and Escrow Services. We are less known for our excellence & innovation in technology and we’re on a mission to change that. We’re continually investing in our future, how we work and what we build. If you are looking to be a part of a transformative team that will help reshape our industry and how we service our customers, this position could be for you.
We’re looking for an experienced Senior Solutions Architect to join our Business Technology Solutions (BTS) organization. Our Senior Solutions Architect will lead a high-impact, high-velocity initiative to bring our retail Title & Settlement software to market. This role collaborates with next-level software engineering and business leaders to ensure the collective team makes the best technical, product and people decisions.
Responsibilities and Duties
In this role, you will participate in the full life cycle of application development with duties including but not limited to:
- Provide hands-on guidance and oversight in architecting, designing, and developing applications for the AWS Cloud using microservices and other cloud-native application architectures (containerization, serverless computing, API design patterns, and Infrastructure as Code)
- Address cross-cutting concerns business, infrastructure, security, and development
- Conduct design and code reviews, including code sampling design reviews, code profiling, and memory utilization review.
- Collaborate with product managers to translate business requirements into system specific functional requirements.
- Responsible for high-level architecture and design that adheres to technical standards, security best practices and performance requirements
- Experience with Software Development Life Cycles, Test Driven Development, Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery/Deployment
- Collaborate with the teams to develop a process improvement plan and build DevOps Best Practices.
Qualifications and Skills
- 3+ years of Solution architecture / relevant Microservices & DevOps experience
- 8+ years of experience in software engineering.
- Experience designing, implementing, and documenting scalable and highly available solutions in AWS
- Strong understanding of microservice architectures, principles and patterns.
- Experience with containerization related management stacks like Docker, Swarm, Kubernetes.
- Experience developing Cloud applications with API management and distributed microservices based architecture.
- Hands on experience with both SQL and NoSQL database technologies.
- Ability to prepare and clearly communicate proposed technical solutions to both technical and business audiences.
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.com.