Job ID :
US – California – San Jose
When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work, like helping customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment or making sure our food is safe. Your work will have real-world impact, and you’ll be supported in achieving your career goals.
How will you make an impact?
The Senior Staff Software Engineer who will be a member of an interdisciplinary R & D team developing next generation data acquisition and processing software for Thermo Fisher’s’ line of Life Science Mass Spectrometers.
What will you do?
– Collaborate with software architects and engineers in design and implementation of Windows & Web services, WPF and Web application framework, algorithm development/integration and data handling, and client-server architecture design and implementation.
– Collaborate with Thermo Fisher Scientific software development groups, software product evaluation groups, marketing group, and other applications personnel to deliver complete and high quality software products to customers, both Windows-based (primarily) and web-based applications, per agreed upon schedules and specifications.
– Communicate effectively with other software development groups, scientists, product evaluation and technical publications.
– Effectively apply Agile project development process methodology and standards.
– Mentor other developers on technology, technical approach, project execution, and domain skills.
– Work with Product Support Engineers to address customer issues as needed.
How will you get here?
– 7+ years of experience developing commercial software. Familiar with software development product life cycles from concept to development and product testing and final release.
– Strong organizational skills to work with cross-functional and international teams in defining project requirements.
– Strong written and verbal communications skills.
– Self-motivated, able to work independently with minimal direction to find solutions.
– Mastery of object oriented design and design patterns (MVVM, MEF, MVC, Pub/Sub, etc), and C# programming skills.
– Strong knowledge of Microsoft technologies for WPF applications and client-server environment (WCF/SignalR/Restful API).
– Experience developing multi-threaded, distributed applications.
– Can both understand and apply best design patterns appropriately such as MVVM, MVC, Dependency Injection, etc.
– Experience using performance and memory profiling tools.
– Familiar with Test Driven Development.
– Familiar with Agile/SCRUM software methodology.
If you are an individual with a disability who requires reasonable accommodation to complete any part of our application process, click here for further assistance.
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.com.