You are a driven and motivated problem solver ready to pursue meaningful work. You strive to make an impact every day & not only at work, but in your personal life and community too. If that sounds like you, then you've landed in the right place.
This position is for a Senior Staff Software Engineer within the Personal Lines organization and will have end-to-end technical accountabilities in application operations for personal lines portfolio (NewCo) in a highly distributed, integrated, multi-platform environment ranging from advanced digital storefronts to legacy product platforms.
This team is passionate for technology and strives to build well architected and innovative solutions for the business as well as Fundamentally treats IT Operations as Software Engineering
This is a software engineering role using latest technologies and a highly scalable platform will have end-to-end technical accountabilities in application operations. The team has adopted core engineering practices such as automation, self-healing capabilities, continuous integration, continuous deployment and behavior driven development in the cloud.
We are looking for a Senior Staff Software Engineer who:
- Fundamentally treats IT Operations as Software Problem and Engineering
- Has natural inclination to automate and drive self-healing capabilities
- Has innate curiosity of how systems work and is a continuous learner
- Applies pragmatic design patterns, reliability, and incident management best practices to build solutions for complex and not well-defined problems
- Design and implement a highly available and modular framework to deliver full stack features in a reusable way using an advanced scalable platform.
- Deliver high-quality product-based customization constructs to implement these features.
- Collaboratively work with team members to adhere to software development best practices within the industry.
- Communicate within a sprint team as well as cross-team for any proposed design or solution while concurrently addressing technical issues and risks in a collaborative manner.
- Oversee technical deliverables for projects through software development life cycle, including validating the completeness of estimates, quality and accuracy of technical designs, build and implementation under direct senior supervision.
- Understanding of end-to-end technology stack including software components, database, network and platforms
- Continuously improve the observability of our technology stack by evolving the usage of logs, metrics, tracing, dashboards, monitoring alerts, and integration of metrics with CI/CD pipelines.
- Ensure transition from development to production meets or exceeds all operational requirements.
- Champion the migration of applications and enable containerization, deployment to cloud platforms such as Openshift, AWS and Azure.
- Own and drive adoption of DevOps tools and best practices across the application portfolio.
- Ensure strict adherence to IT regulatory and compliance requirements for all applications, drive remediation of all internal, regulatory and SoX audit findings.
- Ensure that all technical documentation and artifacts are accurately prepared, maintained and cataloged.
- Degree in Computer Science or related disciple with at least 7 years of work experience in IT systems analysis, design, development and application support.
- Strong understanding of XML related technologies such as SAX, DOM and XSLT is preferred.
- Thorough understanding and experience with SQL/T-SQL/PL SQL on SQL Server or Oracle relational database technologies
- Willingness to learn new product -based technologies and experience with Insurance Policy suites such as Duck Creek or Guide wire configuration is a plus.
- Knowledge of containerization and experience in cloud infrastructure environments such as Openshift AWS, Azure and DevOps is an advantage.
The listed annualized base pay range is primarily based on analysis of similar positions in the external market. Actual base pay could vary and may be above or below the listed range based on factors including but not limited to performance, proficiency and demonstration of competencies required for the role. The base pay is just one component of The Hartford’s total compensation package for employees. Other rewards may include short-term or annual bonuses, long-term incentives, and on-the-spot recognition. The annualized base pay range for this role is:
$112,160 – $168,240
Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity or Expression/Religion/Age
Senior Staff Software Engineer – IE07HE
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.com.