Our San Francisco office is seeking a Senior Structural Engineer to support our buildings projects. You will work as an integrated member of multi-disciplinary teams on a wide variety of project types. Our projects cover a wide range of project types, scales, from mixed-use developments, high rise towers, sculpture and health care.
Job responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
• Leadership of structural engineering teams involved with the engineering design and optimization of complex building structures
• Prepare and review drawings detailing the systems designed
• Prepare and review drawings and detailing of the systems designed
• Supervise the preparation of submittals
• Report writing
• Coordination of work with engineers of other disciplines
• Project and team administration duties
• Attend meetings and communicate with clients to establish their needs and discuss design issues with them
• Business development capabilities
• Commercial Financial Awareness
• Client communication and participation in work to win new clients and projects
• Masters Degree in Civil/Structural Engineering with a sound knowledge of civil engineering fundamentals
• PE and SE licensed
• Skills in seismic engineering especially in non-linear analysis, performance base design. Hands on detailing required
• Good communication & people skills, team player
• Ability to be a leading member of the structural group
• Have project and staff management experience
• Excellent planning and organization skills required for our fast-paced environment
• Must be highly motivated, proactive and willing to take on new challenges
Share your passion and experience in a global culture that believes your potential to achieve is endless. This is your opportunity to shine.
Arup offers an outstanding benefits package including healthcare, 10% 401K match, time off and profit share.
Arup is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.com.