Leidos is seeking a senior-level systems administrator to support the NASA Glenn Research Center. The role requires ability to apply comprehensive knowledge of concepts, processes, practices, and procedures on technical assignments. Performs work that requires comprehensive practical experience and training. Responsible for installing, configuring, and maintaining operating system workstations and servers, including virtual, cloud, as well as web servers, in support of business processing requirements. Performs software installations and upgrades to operating systems and layered software packages. Schedules installations and upgrades and maintains them in accordance with established IT policies and procedures. Monitors and tunes the system to achieve optimum performance levels. Ensures workstation/server data integrity by evaluating, implementing, and managing appropriate software and hardware solutions. Ensures data/media recoverability by implementing a schedule of system backups and database archive operations. Supports media management through internal methods and procedures or through offsite storage and retrieval services. Develops and promotes standard operating procedures. Conducts routine hardware and software audits of workstations and servers to ensure compliance with established standards, policies, and configuration guidelines. Develops and maintains a comprehensive operating system hardware and software configuration database/library of all supporting documentation.
This position requires the ability to work independently with direction and as a team member under the direction of the lead task manager. Join us at AEGIS where the sky is NOT the limit!
- Works independently to achieve day-to-day objectives with significant impact on operational results or project deliverables.
- Responsible for entire projects or processes within one or more technical areas.
- Typically responsible for coaching and reviewing the work of lower level technical staff.
- Develops technical solutions that require collaboration with internal experts, advanced analyses and understanding of impact on end-product/solution.
- Develops solutions to technical problems and issues that are unclear and require advanced technical knowledge.
- Communicates with internal and client project team members.
- Requires deep understanding of and ability to apply principles, theories, and concepts of multiple technical domains and has advanced understanding of other related specialty areas.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, Engineering or related field with 8-10 years of experience working in cloud infrastructure operations
- Ability to obtain a NASA Public Trust clearance
- Creativity to imagine innovative, effective new solutions and designs.
- Apply sound logic and reasoning against troubleshooting difficult issues.
- Must be able to develop solutions to problems, as well as manage multiple issues at the same time.
- Understanding and appropriately responding to feedback is an important aspect of this position.
- Both oral and written communication skills are vital to relaying important information, training new staff members, and communicating about solutions to complex problems.
- 10+ years of infrastructure operations experience across multiple disciplines (OS, hypervisor, storage) with competent understanding of hybrid cloud service operations
- Advanced understanding of ITSM processes and experience with agile methodologies like Scrum, Kanban, SAFe using technologies like Jira or ServiceNow
- Advanced understanding of DevSecOps concepts and Site Reliability Engineering
- NASA Public Trust
Desired Certifications / Training:
- AWS SysOps Administrator or DevOps Engineer certification
- Azure Administrator certification
- GCP Associate Cloud Engineer certification
Pay Range $84,500.00 – $152,750.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.com.