Requisition ID 2017-34942
# of Openings 1
Job Function Information Technology
Security Clearance Level Top Secret/SCI with Polygraph
Full/Part Time Full Time
Manages the functionality and efficiency of a group of computers running on one or more operating systems.
Maintains the integrity and security of servers and systems.
Sets up administrator and service accounts.
Maintains system documentation
Interacts with users and evaluates vendor products.
Makes recommendations to purchase hardware and software, coordinates installation and provides backup recovery.
Develops and monitors policies and standards for allocation related to the use of computing resources.
May program in an administrative language.
Develops and implements testing strategies and document results.
Provides advice and training to end-users.
Maintains current knowledge of relevant technologies as assigned.
Participates in special projects as required.
Bachelors Degree in Computer Science or a related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, technical certifications or training, or work experience.
5-8 years of directly related experience in systems administration and analysis.
Shift work (rotating Panama Schedule) may be required.
Must possess appropriate; current DoD Information Assurance (IA) Certification to be considered for employment; either valid CompTIA Security+ CE OR CCNA-Security certification. Security+ CE Certification preferred. In addition; must attain the required DoD 8570 Computing Environment (CE) Certification within six (6) months of Hire Date.
As part of your role/function on the program; you will be granted privileged user access. Privileged Users are subject to greater scrutiny as a direct result of the significant responsibilities placed upon them. Please be aware that because of these critical duties; you will be subject to additional IT system monitoring; and supervisory evaluation to ensure continuous adherence to Privileged User processes and procedures. Privileged Users are subject to a zero tolerance policy for security violations.
Due to the sensitive nature of the work being done for this government client; all candidates must hold a TS/SCI and a polygraph.
Why Work at General Dynamics IT?
* Work with top talent and some of the brightest minds in your field
* Support missions that make a difference to our Nation
* Become part of an organization that that is committed to the highest ethical standards in all that we do
* Thrive in the stability of a large organization, with the ability to move onto new opportunities, supporting different missions, building your career within General Dynamics IT
* Want to move, or find a job close to home? We have positions in several locations in the Washington D.C. Metro area, the United States and the world
* Enjoy a culture that supports work-life balance
* Professional Development Assistance, Covering the Cost of Obtaining Professional & Technical Certifications
* Educational Reimbursement toward degree programs and individual coursework
* 401K Match – with 100% vesting on day one
* Health, Dental and Vision Coverage to keep you healthy, starting your first day
* Healthy Rewards Program, where you can earn gift cards for practicing healthy habits
* We know work-life balance is important, General Dynamics IT offers Paid Time Off, Plus 10 Paid Holidays
* Employee Discount Program – Save up to 60% on hundreds of entertainment products
* Some locations offer casual dress
As a trusted systems integrator for more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology provides information technology (IT), systems engineering, professional services and simulation and training to customers in the defense, federal civilian government, health, homeland security, intelligence, state and local government and commercial sectors.With approximately 32,000 professionals worldwide, the company delivers IT enterprise solutions, manages large-scale, mission-critical IT programs and provides mission support services.GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.com.