Requisition ID 2017-31343
# of Openings 3
Job Function Information Technology
Security Clearance Level Secret
Full/Part Time Full Time
*This position is located in Bay St Louis, MS and cannot be done remotely, also a secret government clearance is required for this position’
IMPACTFUL WORK. SMART SOLUTIONS. MEANINGFUL CAREERS. Come join a fortune 500 company that touches the lives of millions in the Health Care Community. If you are interested in Big Data and Health Care, we can provide the perfect combination for you! Our office has a comfortable dress code and our team spirit is evident in our everyday work environment. We seek a candidate to perform the following tasks:
Develops computer systems specifications that address business requirements and that fit with company/customer system architecture standards.
* Analyzes and evaluates existing or proposed systems and designs computer systems to process data.
* Analyzes systems and procedures to refine their formulation and converts them to programmable formats.
* Writes or updates software specifications.
* Creates logical data models based on functional requirements.
* Performs quality assurance review of specifications for internal and external delivery.
* Troubleshoots and provides technical support and solutions to users.
* Develops analytical tools for use in the design and redesign of systems.
* Analyzes detail systems factors, including input and output requirements, information flow, hardware and software requirements, and reliability characteristics.
* Prepares and updates documentation for new or existing systems.
* Monitors system effectiveness in satisfying user needs.
* May provide guidance and work leadership to less-experienced analysts.
* Maintains current knowledge of relevant technologies as assigned.
* Participates in special projects as required.
* Bachelors Degree in a Computer Science or related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, technical certifications or training, or work experience.
5-8 years of experience
Basic Qualification Requirements (Must meet these qualifications):
* Writing software in a *nix environment.
* Software development in a scientific background.
* Software development with scripting languages such as: *nix shell, Perl, and Python.
* Use of code repository systems (SVN or Git) and industry recognized configuration management concepts.
* Use of standards and engineering principles when developing software.
* *nix based editors (vi, emacs) and command line tools/utilization.
* Data processing using batch job scheduling system.
* Web Application development.
* Relational Database Management System (RDBMS) development.
* Background in scientific programming and numerical methods.
As a trusted systems integrator for more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology provides information technology (IT), systems engineering, professional services and simulation and training to customers in the defense, federal civilian government, health, homeland security, intelligence, state and local government and commercial sectors. With approximately 32,000 professionals worldwide, the company delivers IT enterprise solutions, manages large-scale, mission-critical IT programs and provides mission support services. GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.com.