As theu202fSenior Systems Engineer on the Battery Electric Vehicles team within ouru202fBlue Arc™u202fEV Solutions division based in Plymouth, MI, the work you will accomplish will be instrumental in shaping the future of how electric fleet vehicles are designed, built, and delivered.
Our Blue Arc™ division launched earlier this year and alongside a trio of initial product offerings — an industry-first commercial grade purpose-built EV chassis; a fully reimagined from the ground up all-electric Class 3 delivery walk-in van; and a fully portable, remote-controlled charging station, the Power Cube™.
As our Senior Systems Engineer, you will be heavily involved with developing systems requirements for our Battery Electric Vehicle systems and cascading them to our control and software teams. You will also oversee our feature verification process and serve as your team's go-to resource for resolving systems issues during vehicle level development, validation, and production. Furthermore, this position offers an enormous amount of room for career advancement and upskilling opportunities.
Relocation assistance is available for non-local candidates.
Blue Arc™u202fEV Solutions – Launch Video
City of Plymouth – Official Website
Downtown Plymouth – Official Website
The Shyft Group – Employee Testimonials
What You'll Be Doing
- Developing EV systems requirements in alignment with customer requirements and expectations
- Executing validation, system management, FMEA, and diagnostic requirements
- Collaborating with our EV control and software teams on feature implementation
- Developing calibratable variables that modify the behavior of the feature during vehicle developmental
- Assessing ideal implementations for supply base solutions, creating trade-offs, and implementing optimized solutions
- Participating in systems modeling, simulation, and analysis and performing gap analysis
- Driving safety management activities for automotive safety systems during conception, product development, and production
- Communicating product safety requirements to other technical departments
- Evaluating safety-related design changes and maintaining consistency in product development
- Fostering and engaging in behaviors that drive innovation and continuous improvement
- Assisting with resolving requirements or implementation issues
- Bachelor's Degree in Electrical Engineering or Mechanical Engineering
- 5 +years of product development and launch experience within a control system environment
- 2+ years of system engineering expertise
- Proficiency in requirement management tools such as IBM Doors, Polarion, or Jama Connect.
- Experience utilizing Simulink as an embedded coding solution
- Familiarity with CAN and calibration tools
- Expert knowledge of the product development life cycle as per ISO 26262
- Willingness to travel domestically up to 30%
What Makes You Stand Out
- Electrical Vehicle experience
- Knowledge of automotive systems, commercial truck systems, or agricultural systems
About The Shyft Group
The Shyft Group (NASDAQ: SHYF) is North America's leader in specialty vehicle manufacturing, assembly and upfit for the commercial, retail and service specialty vehicle markets.
The Shyft Group and our brands are as driven as our associates. Every person behind our badge is given the tools they need to make a positive contribution to the company, their community, and their families. Across eight go-to-market brands, in ten states and two countries, we have over 3,000 dedicated employees working as one to lead with innovation, ingenuity, and a dedication to quality craftsmanship.
The Shyft Group rebranded in 2020 to reflect a new focus on high-growth end markets to help ensure long-term profitable growth. Our name and renewed focus reflect the action, speed, and agility we offer the commercial vehicle industry through our growing roster of brands – Utilimaster®, Royal Truck Body®, DuraMag®, Strobes-R-Us®, Spartan RV Chassis®, and Builtmore Contract Manufacturing®.
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.com.