Job Summary and Mission
This position contributes to Starbucks success by ensuring the stability of enterprise compute virtualization systems in the Starbucks Manufacturing and Distribution business units by assisting with problem identification and analysis, solution design, solution implementation, problem resolution, and system lifecycle management. This senior level role also carries accountability for deep technical understanding within the domain and has the ability to translate that to design and implementation for complex infrastructure environments.
This role also continues to build upon a focus of incident resolution and proactive patching of hardware and software assets within the Global Technology footprint. This role provides an opportunity to consult on solution design and implementation in partnership with other Systems Engineers. An effective Senior Systems Engineer will be able to have expertise in support but toggle into design and implementation execution.
Additionally, an effective Senior Systems Engineer will be able to keep up with industry changes in their domain and remain technically current in role and analyze new technologies and methods with a focus on identifying those that may enhance the manufacturing and distribution space.
Models and acts in accordance with Starbucks guiding principles.
Is able and willing to work holidays and off hours when required.
Core Technical Skills
- VMware vSphere administration support of ESXi hosts / clusters : Configure and maintain virtual infrastructure to include managing, troubleshooting, patching
- Windows Server administration / support
- Knowledge of and ability to work in and design Active Directory
- Some network knowledge
- Some coding- Python preferred, containerizing functions, API-based automation
- VMware vRealize suite : Experience with one or any of these products vRealize Operations, vRealize Automation, vRealize Log Insight
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.com.