Senior Systems Engineer
This position with Giant Eagle, at our Pittsburgh, PA headquarters, determines programming requirements for systems. In addition, this position designs flexible client-server frameworks.
This position will also Analyze and improve performance of software programs and analyzes requirements for data exchange between application software and other systems. As such, the Senior Systems Engineer has these duties:
- Analyzes and improves performance of software programs and analyzes requirements for data exchange between application software and other systems; determines viable alternatives; makes recommendations; and designs, specifies, obtains consensus on, and implements solutions. (e.g., solutions usually require writing programs in various computer languages.)
- Establishes project plans and project schedules per established standards.
- Reviews project deliverables for conformance to established standards.
- Design new uses for and performance tune database(s).
- Assists in developing and implementing technical standards.
- Maintains close liaison with data providers and recipients, other team members, and other members of the department.
- Analyzes requirements for, specify and develop bridges and feeds.
- Acts as technical lead for projects Interacts with consultants to achieve project goals.
- Provides on-call and remote support as needed.
The position requires a Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or Electrical Engineering and 5 years PeopleSoft Financial development experience working with People Tools 8.48 or higher and GL, AR AP or AM modules. Must be proficient with Integration Broker and Web Services, People Tools, People Code, Application Package, Applicant Engine, SQR, COBOL and SQL.
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.com.