Are you looking for a challenge that will push your talent to new heights? Your search ends here! Our corporate vision at Leidos is to be the global leader in the development and application of technology to solve our customers' most demanding challenges, and that's where you come in. We need a results-oriented Systems Engineer to support the NC3 Enterprise Center's (NEC) Systems Engineering and Integration (SE&I) Division at Fort Meade, MD.
This isn't just any job. The SE&I Division serves as the hub for systems engineering and enterprise architecture, and as the technical authority for the Nuclear Command, Control, and Communications (NC3) Enterprise within the Department of Defense. Our customer, led by the Commander, U.S. Strategic Command (USSTRATCOM), applies subject matter expertise and best practices to translate mission and operational requirements into solutions and operational capabilities. You will collaborate closely with engineering teams, government product and process owners, and stakeholders to ensure that the principles of the Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe) are executed. This role requires knowledge of SAFe principles and excellent leadership skills.
This is your chance to be a part of something truly significant on a global scale. Working in support of our customer at Fort Meade, you'll have the opportunity to use your skills to help tackle some of the biggest challenges faced by our nation's leaders. So, what are you waiting for? Join our team and become part of the solution; apply today!
Clearance Required: You must currently hold an active Top Secret clearance to be considered and must be eligible to obtain SCI.
Location: You will work 100% on site in Fort Meade, MD, light telework may be allowed with program approval
Salary Target: $145,000.00-$150,000.00
What will you do in this role?
• Identify enterprise-level solutions for complex problems through the application of systems analysis and engineering processes.
• Analyze user needs, including operational mission requirements, to determine functional and cross-functional requirements.
• Apply technical knowledge and experience to assess new technologies and innovations to develop technical recommendations that ensure the operation of critical NC3 and National Leadership Command Capability systems in all environments.
• Design and prepare technical reports, studies, and related documentation. Includes developing charts and graphs to record results. Prepare and deliver presentations, white papers, and briefings as required by the customer.
• Produce, publish, and maintain baseline and incremental NC3 system of systems configuration management products.
• Provide advice and assistance in the development, implementation and sustainment of Configuration Management processes and documentation, including policy, guidance, and reports.
• Prepare Configuration Management reports supporting change management and configuration control processes and governance bodies (e.g., Change Control Boards).
These are the Required Qualifications:
• Currently hold an Active Top Secret clearance and SCI eligibility.
• Bachelor's or Master's degree in Engineering, Computer Science or an equivalent technical discipline. Relevant experience, including certifications and military/civilian training, may be considered in lieu of the degree requirement.
• In addition to a Bachelor's degree, you must also possess a minimum of 8 years' prior relevant experience or a Master's degree and 6 years' prior relevant experience.
• Five or more years of experience must be in any combination of the following:
o Analyzing systems-of-systems to identify solutions for complex problems.
o Developing and managing program documentation, including requirements and test descriptions.
o Determining specifications for a system based on user and engineering requirements.
o Providing technical support for development and/or integration tasks, including review of work products and adherence to the design concept and applicable standards.
• Ability to apply analytic expertise and experience to Configuration Management processes and tasks in order to assess technical status of a system.
• Experience with DoD coordination and the staffing of documents for review, editing, and approval.
• Ability to work independently and with a team to complete work products on time.
• Experience formulating/defining scope and objectives for assigned projects.
• Devising and/or modifying procedures to solve complex problems.
• Strong written and verbal communications skills.
• Competency in Microsoft Office Suite applications (e.g., Word, Excel and PowerPoint).
These Qualifications are Preferred:
• Experience working in Agile project management or development environments.
• Ability to apply systems engineering techniques and concepts to support an enterprise scale Configuration Management program.
• Working knowledge of the five pillars of Configuration Management.
• Nuclear Command, Control and Communications (NC3), National Leadership Command Capability (NLCC) or Senior Leader Command, Control and Communications System (SLC3S) knowledge or direct experience.
• Experience working with Nuclear C3 community stakeholders such as Air Force, Navy, NC3 Enterprise Center (NEC), USSTRATCOM, USCYBERCOM, the Joint Staff, and OSD.
Original Posting Date:
While subject to change based on business needs, Leidos reasonably anticipates that this job requisition will remain open for at least 3 days with an anticipated close date of no earlier than 3 days after the original posting date as listed above.
Pay Range $101,400.00 – $183,300.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.com.