Principal Systems Engineer
Engineering graduate (Masters Degree optional)
Requirements Gathering and Analysis:
- â€¢ Understand interpret and Product Requirements Specification.
- segregate functional and non functional requirements.
- performance related requirements and other regulatory / statutory guidelines.
- â€¢ Dissect the complete system in to sub systems and gather necessary message schemas and understand various input / output interface requirements.
- â€¢ List down the list of peripherals involved as part of sub systems and bringout the communication channels involved.
Resource/ Efforts Estimation and Monitoring:
- â€¢ Come up with the necessary block diagram and facilitate with the vendors and come up with cost / quote requisions.
- â€¢ Participate & contribute with the required effort estimation tasks.
- â€¢ As is Study of existing system for any Re Engineering / Enhancement projects.
- â€¢ Prepare System / Sub System design related technical specifications.
- identify areas that are prone to requiremments change and work on the probable design for flexibility.
- â€¢ Raise technical queries and seek information / resolution within the team or try to liase with other technical forums that are available.
- â€¢ Provide required support to develop the proof of concept.
Testing & Defect Management:
- â€¢ Write / Prepare Test Strategy Test Plan Test Report for both system level and sub systemm level of testing.
- â€¢ Capture Categorize and report the defects (as and when found).
- â€¢ Review work to ensure adherence to SCM policies set for project.
- follow up on the continuous integration of the components developed with the application.
- understand and execute automation tools for testing.
- â€¢ Prepare Regression tresting scope document based on the defects found.
Innovation & Process Improvements / Adherence:
- â€¢ Generate ideas to bring about Innovation in the existing process or value add.
- adhere to process and tools (usage of cognizant 20 awareness of quality management system IDE etc).
- â€¢ Generate / Update / Contribute for necessary process documentation SOPs / Checklists / Templates / Guidelines based on the changes to the standards / regulatory needs.
- Contribute towards updating knowledge assets technical brochures Business Development activities RFI / RFP / RFQ.
Must Have Skills
- ISO 26262
- CAN bus
- Manufacturing Oper-Manlog
Employee Status : Full Time Employee
Shift : Day Job
Travel : No
Job Posting : May 05 2023
Cognizant (Nasdaq-100: CTSH) is one of the world's leading professional services companies, transforming clients' business, operating and technology models for the digital era. Our unique industry-based, consultative approach helps clients envision, build and run more innovative and efficient businesses. Headquartered in the U.S., Cognizant is ranked 185 on the Fortune 500 and is consistently listed among the most admired companies in the world. Learn how Cognizant helps clients lead with digital at www.cognizant.com or follow us @USJobsCognizant.
Applicants may be required to attend interviews in person or by video conference. In addition, candidates may be required to present their current state or government issued ID during each interview.
Cognizant is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you have a disability that requires a reasonable accommodation to search for a job opening or submit an application, please email CareersNA2@cognizant.com with your request and contact information.
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.com.