Senior Systems Engineer, SRE, Data and AI
If you’re the right person for the job you will be joining the growing Machine Learning Data Processing platform team within Expedia Groups Hybrid Cloud AI and Data Engineering Team.
The MLDP platform services team enables data engineer and data scientist productivity and velocity through an automated, multi, and hybrid cloud data processing platform. This platform is rooted in the principle of infrastructure as code and is constantly evolving and integrating new and interesting technologies.
You’ll be expected to continually learn and utilize the latest open-source tools available to enable a seamless experience between our bare metal, public, and private cloud environments.
What you’ll do:
- Provisions infrastructure, manage configurations, Implement CI/CD pipelines for applications and infrastructure, implement testing and monitoring tools, and help manage the lifecycle of models and algorithms for the Data Science team
- Utilize industry standards and best practices to fully automate all environments and deployments
- Use industry-standard toolset (version-control system, continuous build, continuous delivery/deploy, containers, secret engine, artifact service) in fully automated pipeline
- Deploy and maintain data science and data engineering development environments
- Responsible for the design and implementation of the distributed compute clusters and services that form the core of our micro-services platform
- Working with our internal business partners to gather requirements
- Developing enterprise platform services utilizing object-oriented methodologies
- Developing unit tests, functional tests, and integration test frameworks for distributed systems
- Performing peer reviews, code walkthroughs, and weekly demos
- CI/CD pipeline management for infrastructure components
- Must have the ability to be a self-starter and work independently on technical projects but also work collaboratively with project team members through an agile development process that promotes constant team communication
- Must have excellent communication skills to assist in conducting user interview sessions, requirements gathering, and design reviews
Who you are:
- Distributed compute – You have real-world experience defending a modern distributed compute platform at scale (Mesos/Nomad/Kubernetes)
- Multi-cloud – You have experience leveraging multiple flavors of public and private cloud (AWS, GCP, Azure, VMWare, OpenStack)
- Programming skills – You are comfortable writing code in multiple languages, confident in choosing the right strongly or dynamically typed language for the job. Preferred language familiarity: Python, Go, Ruby, Rust, Scala Database skills – You understand the use cases for relational and non-relational data, you’ve implemented code against several different database platforms
- Development experience – Service Oriented Architecture and micro-services
- Knowledge of configuration management tools, monitoring tools, cloud platforms, and software delivery tools
- Experience with Consul, DataDog, Kafka, Splunk, Vault or equivalents preferred
- Excellent troubleshooting and problem-solving skills
- Experience working in an agile team environment, conducting code walk-throughs, peer reviews, and producing technical documentation
- Committed to Open Source Projects. Please provide Github links if appropriate
Why join us:
Expedia Group recognizes our success is dependent on the success of our people. We are a global travel platform, made up of the most knowledgeable, passionate, and creative people in our business. Our brands recognize the power of travel to break down barriers and bring the world within reach – that responsibility inspires us to be the place where exceptional people want to do their best work and to provide them the tools to do so.
Whether you’re applying to work in engineering or customer support, marketing or lodging supply, at Expedia Group we act as one team, working towards a common goal; to bring the world within reach. We relentlessly strive for better, but not at the cost of the customer. We act with humility and optimism, respecting ideas big and small. We value diversity and voices of all volumes. We are a global organization but keep our feet on the ground so we can act fast and stay simple. Our teams also have the chance to give back on a local level and make a difference through our corporate social responsibility program, Expedia Cares.
If you have a hunger to make a difference with one of the most loved brands in the world and to work in the dynamic travel industry, this is the job for you.
Our family of travel brands includes: Brand Expedia®, Hotels.com®, Expedia® Partner Solutions, Egencia®, trivago®, Vrbo®, Orbitz®, Travelocity®, Wotif®, ebookers®, CheapTickets®, Hotwire®, Expedia® Media Solutions, CarRentals.com™, Expedia Local Expert®, Expedia Cruises™ and SilverRail Technologies, Inc.
Expedia is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. This employer participates in E-Verify. The employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) with information from each new employee’s I-9 to confirm work authorization.
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.com.