Please take this opportunity to join one of GDIT's fastest long-standing growing programs! US Battlefield Information Collection and Exploitation System eXtended (US BICES-X) is a cutting edge program supporting DoD intelligence information sharing on current and emerging global threats to mission and coalition partners and emerging nations. With an internationally dispersed team supporting each combatant command, the US BICES-X team is in direct support of the war fighter and their missions. We are seeking a creative and driven professional with a passion for solving real world issues on a cross-functional, fast paced team.
The Senior Systems Engineer is a strong, self-motivated, solution-oriented individual who will be joining an experienced team to support the implementation and sustainment of multiple networks. We are looking for an experienced, innovative, and enthusiastic systems engineer to join us in delivering high quality IT systems.
- Provide operational support and troubleshooting for monitoring software as a part of the Enterprise Data Center Team.
- Provides operational support for VMware Horizon 8 Cloud Pod Architecture.
- Manage VMware Horizon parent images, Instant Clones, and virtual applications (RDSH, AppVolume).
- Virtual Desktop Endpoint management (policies, security, firmware) via Dell Wyse Management Suite (WMS).
- Creates and maintains detailed system documentation.
- Monitor Enterprise ticketing system (ServiceNow) and respond accordingly to resolve customer issues.
- Provides system/equipment/specialized training and technical guidance.
- Maintains current knowledge of rapidly changing technology, always on the lookout for new technologies, and works with management to evolve current processes.
- Download, stage and deploy systems-related security policies and updates to maintain information system compliance with DISA security policies and procedures (STIGs, IAVAs, etc.)
- Develop scripts (PowerShell, VBScript, etc.) to perform recurring systems administration tasks, automate installs, gather metrics, etc.
- Administer Enterprise Data Center technologies to include:
- Windows Server 2016, 2019
- VMware vCenter / vSphere 7.x
- NetApp ONTAP 9.x (CIFS/SMB/iSCSI/NFS).
- Avamar, Data Domain, iDPA.
- Software deployment/upgrades on virtual desktops with native and virtual applications.
- Windows 10/11 operating systems maintenance and deployments in virtual desktop environments.
- Administer VMware virtual environments to include ESXi hosts, vCenter appliances, VxRail HCIs, and vSANs.
- Deploy Operating System updates via WSUS and Microsoft Configuration Manager.
- Participates in special projects as assigned.
- 5+ years of experience is required.
- BA/BS degree or equivalent work experience.
- Active TS/SCI clearance.
- Experience with Data Center Infrastructure technologies including but not limited to: Data Center operations, server hardware, operating systems (Windows, Linux), virtualization (VMware), networking, storage, monitoring, etc.
- 5+ years of experience with VMware Horizon 8.x, VMware AppVolumes 4.x, Dynamic Environment Manager (DEM)
- Experience in infrastructure design and operations including load balancing app/db clustering, firewall rules, application failover, monitoring, diagnostics, and performance tuning, etc.
- Ability to handle multiple competing priorities in a fast-paced environment.
- May be required to work evening, weekend, and holiday hours as required.
- Must meet DoD 8570 requirements and be eligible for IAT level II access upon hire for positions with elevated privileges and must obtain ITIL V3 or ITIL V4 Foundation within six months of hire.
- Depending on job assignment, additional specific certifications may be required.
- VMware Certified Professional – Data Center Virtualization (VCP-DCV)
- VMware Certified Professional – Desktop and Mobility (VCP-DTM)
- Experience with Dell/EMC VxRail Hyperconverged Infrastructure.
- Experience with backup and recovery leveraging EMC Avamar, Data Domain, iDPA.
- Experience with storage protocols as NFS, SMB/CIFS, iSCSI.
- Experience with High Availability (HA) and Continuity of Operations Plan (COOP).
- Experience with Splunk software platform.
#dpost #cjobs #cjpost #isdcj #GDITRecruiter #BICES #excitingMPEteam #DefenseOCONUS #GDITPriority
Years of Experience
5 + years of related experience
* may vary based on technical training, certification(s), or degree
U.S. Citizenship Required
About Our Work
We are GDIT. A global technology and professional services company that delivers consulting, technology and mission services to every major agency across the U.S. government, defense and intelligence community. Our 30,000 experts extract the power of technology to create immediate value and deliver solutions at the edge of innovation. We operate across 30 countries worldwide, offering leading capabilities in digital modernization, AI/ML, Cloud, Cyber and application development. Together with our clients, we strive to create a safer, smarter world by harnessing the power of deep expertise and advanced technology.
GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.com.