Senior Technical Lead
Date Posted: Dec 11, 2018
Location: Cary, NC, US, 27513
Job Location: Cary, NC
Role Value Proposition:
MetLife is seeking a Senior Technical Lead to join our growing application development team in Cary, NC. The associate will be experienced in dealing with complex cross-functional or enterprise wide projects with the ability to drive both effective and efficient outcomes. It is expected that the associate, while working independently, will be responsible for detailed technical design and development of applications using existing and emerging technology platforms. In this position you will have the opportunity to put your experience and education to work in an energetic and highly collaborative environment where diverse thought and experiences are valued. Within the team and across the organization, there will be opportunity to acquire knowledge and experience to advance to technical leadership positions.
* Oversees very large/critical technology projects, typically spanning the entire organization or including various and distinct LOB’s. Serves as a liaison between the business and the IT area, translating varied business needs into application software solutions.
* Partners with data teams to understand and document data lineage, timeliness, latency, and rules that act on all attributes and data elements.
* Converts specifications about business problems into programming instructions.
* Provides technical and work guidance to a team of software development engineers, consultants and/or off shore resources; designs and reviews code for complex programs; revises as necessary.
* Conducts analysis of organizational needs and goals for the development and implementation of application systems.
* Monitors operating efficiency of existing application systems.
* Reviews, analyzes, and modifies programming systems, including encoding, testing, debugging and installing for a large-scale system; maintains records to document program development and revisions.
* Provides technical support to technical vendor resources
* As appropriate, designs business process models and business rules and algorithms.
* Manages critical relationships with IT, consultants and vendors, internal end users, and business customers/leadership.
* Motivates project team members that are not direct reports that may cross various functional areas.
Essential Business Experience and Technical Skills:
* Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or other related field
* 8+ years of related work experience
* Strong project management skills
* Excellent presentation & communication skills with experience providing communication to senior level stakeholders
* Strong relationship management and facilitation skills with the ability to manage multiple priorities effectively
* PMP, ITIL certification
* Experience managing offshore teams
* Experience with data management and analysis
Global Technology and Operations – Regional Application Development
Number of Openings
Jon Hesselink ********************************
At MetLife, we’re leading the global transformation of an industry we’ve long defined. United in purpose, diverse in perspective, we’re dedicated to making a difference in the lives of our customers.
MetLife is a proud equal opportunity/affirmative action employer committed to attracting, retaining, and maximizing the performance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is MetLife’s policy to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment based on race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, national origin, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, genetic information, citizenship status, uniformed service member or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
MetLife maintains a drug-free workplace.
For immediate consideration, click the button. You will be directed to complete an on-line profile. Upon completion, you will receive an automated confirmation email verifying you have successfully applied to the job.
Requisition #: ******
Nearest Major Market: Raleigh
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.com.