What You’ll Do
You will be a Software Engineer on a world-class engineering team that works on Cisco’s next generation routing platform. We have the opportunity to work with leading edge networking technologies in the areas of high speed, and high performance routers. We are looking for someone who is:
* Deeply motivated, and passionate about both learning, and contributing to the team and the business with a ‘can do’ attitude.
* Has a strong design/programming ethic. Knowledge of designing large-scale systems in C/C++ environments is preferred.
* Is dedicated to Quality: We’re seeking someone who can ensure and commit to a higher standard of quality than usual, in the face of time to market pressures.
* Possesses Strong OS fundamentals and networking concepts which are necessary for this role.
* Has Experience designing networking systems with L2, L3 and multicast background
You will Participate on a project team of engineers involved in the development of software for our next generation routing platform. We perform end to end crafting of software features, including feature analysis, high level design, implementation, and automated validation. We need you to understand feature behavior in the data plane (ASIC and NPU) and craft innovative solutions.
Who You’ll Work With
We are a small team with a track record of delivering high quality, innovative solutions.
Who You Are
* This role typically requires MSEE/CS combined with 8-10 years of related experience.
* You’ll need to have strong verbal and written communication skills, with the ability to work multi-functionally.
* We need someone who is self-motivated, with a strong sense of ownership, who can also be a standout colleague.
* We handle multiple tasks at once and work independently with minimal managerial guidance, and we need you to be able to do the same.
* You should be open to continuous learning and be committed to ongoing self-improvement.
* You will need to both initiate, and participate, in organizational efforts to improve our overall group productivity and test effectiveness. We * also need you to contribute to overall test strategies
* You need to be competent with C/C++ and Python
You’ll definitely have an edge if you have:
* Knowledge and hands on experience of Layer 2, Layer 3 and multicast.
* Experience with design and development of QoS for high performance routers.
* A deep understanding of various networking protocols and standards.
* The ability to quickly develop automation test scripts using Python.
* An understanding of RTOS and multi-threading.
* Strong passion and experience in troubleshooting, debugging complex systems and possess excellent problem-solving techniques.
We connect everything: people, processes, data, and things. We innovate everywhere, taking bold risks to shape the technologies that give us smart cities, connected cars, and handheld hospitals. And we do it in style with unique personalities who aren’t afraid to change the way the world works, lives, plays and learns.
We are thought leaders, tech geeks, pop culture aficionados, and we even have a few purple haired rock stars. We celebrate the creativity and diversity that fuels our innovation. We are dreamers and we are doers.
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.com.