What you’ll do…
Troubleshoot and repair technology equipment. Test and repair IBM-PC compatibles CPU’s, keyboards, modems, monitors, printers, and print-sharing devices.
- Troubleshoot and repair electronic technology equipment to the board or component level, including final cleaning of components.
- Perform accurate record keeping and quality and measures for all repairs completed and repair parts used.
- Maintain a comprehensive knowledge of current and upcoming test equipment and diagnostic software.
- Provide written and verbal communication to appropriate groups concerning equipment repairs.
- Document and maintain service notes on common failures and solutions in data base.
- Attend regular training sessions schedule by the Supervisor.
- Secure and maintain certifications as needed on all applicable equipment.
- Clean and address cosmetic issues on all equipment serviced by department as needed.
- Maintain a clean and orderly work area throughout the shift.
- Two-year degree in electronics or a combination of education/experience or equivalent military training.
- Strong eye hand coordination and mechanical aptitude.
- Two years of component level and/ or board level troubleshooting and problem-solving experience.
- Thorough understanding of test equipment and diagnostic software.
- Ability to solve complex hardware/software problems through analysis and troubleshooting.
- Ability to work with others in a group environment as part of a team or individually.
- Working knowledge of MS DOS and MS Windows environment.
- Effective oral, written and interpersonal communication skills.
- Ability to mentor and cross-train other technicians
What you’ll bring to the team…
- Associate’s degree in a related field or the equivalent through a combination of education and related work experience.
- 3 years Minimum related work experience
About H&R Block…
H&R Block’s purpose is simple: To provide help and inspire confidence in our clients and communities everywhere. We’ve been true to that purpose since brothers Henry and Richard Bloch founded our company in 1955. Since then, we’ve grown to have approximately 12,000 offices throughout the United States and around the world.
We are a people company first and a tax company second. People who join H&R Block say it feels like being part of something bigger. A place with an amazing and storied history, but with a strong and urgent focus on the future. Maybe it’s how determined, forward thinking and innovative we are, or how accessible our leadership is. We believe it’s all those things, and much more.
H&R Block is committed to diversity and inclusion and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We consider qualified applicants regardless of race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, sex, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other legally protected class. All qualified applicants are welcomed and encouraged to apply.
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.com.