At Trane Technologies we Challenge Possible. Our brands – including Trane® and Thermo King® – create access to cooling and comfort in buildings and homes, transport and protect food and perishables, connect customers to elevated performance with less environmental impact, dramatically reduce energy demands and carbon emissions, and innovate with a better world in mind. We boldly challenge what’s possible for a sustainable world.
The Senior Trailer Engineer will provide Mechanical and Systems Engineering support for Thermo King products in the Trailer Transport Refrigeration portfolio. This individual will lead and/or support a diverse mixture of new product development projects by applying Engineering principles and technical rigor to develop solutions that satisfy product requirements, cost, quality and schedule.
Core Job Responsibilities (others may be added):
- Serve as the primary technical expert to lead and/or support New Product Development (NPD) projects.
- Exercise technical project management principles to achieve project quality, cost and schedule targets.
- Apply technical and practical Engineering knowledge to satisfy product and project requirements.
- Translate marketing requirements into technical design requirements.
- Conduct Engineering design and analysis of systems and components using modeling software.
- Component or sub-system integration into system level designs.
- Develop and facilitate DFMEAs (design failure modes and effects analyses) and DVPRs (validation plans and reports).
- Problem solving, root cause analysis and tradeoff analysis.
- Provide technical leadership for designers and laboratory staff.
- Provide technical guidance and implementation support for manufacturing.
- Take ownership for project success from start to finish.
- Review Engineering drawings and documentation to ensure thorough communication of design requirements and design intent.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering and 7+ of experience in engineering or product development is required.
- Master’s Degree in Engineering is a plus.
- Detailed understanding of refrigeration system functions including heat transfer, airflow, power systems, engine applications and controls systems.
- Good understanding of the application of computer modeling and simulation tools for system analysis, such as MATLAB Simulink, Dymola, etc.
- Experience with application of various components used within transport refrigeration systems such as diesel engines, coils, compressors, valves, motors, and fans.
- Ability to quickly and efficiently understand, condense, and organize information to make informed engineering decisions.
- Critical thinking and problem solving capability.
- Demonstrated ability to work with cross-functional teams spread across multiple geographical regions.
- Strong project planning / management and organizational skills.
- Experience with control systems development is desired.
We offer competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits and programs that help our employees thrive in both their professional and personal lives. We are proud of our winning culture which is inclusive and respectful at its core. We share passion for serving customers, caring for others, and boldly challenging what’s possible for a sustainable world.
We are committed to achieving workforce diversity reflective of our communities. We are an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, pregnancy, age, marital status, disability, status as a protected veteran, or any legally protected status.
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.com.