Founded in 1866, The Sherwin-Williams Company is a global leader in the manufacture, development, distribution, and sale of paints, coatings and related products to professional, industrial, commercial, and retail customers. The company manufactures products under well-known brands such as Sherwin-Williams, Valspar, HGTV HOME by Sherwin-Williams, Dutch Boy, Krylon, Minwax, Thompson’s Water Seal, Cabot and many more. Sherwin-Williams branded products are sold exclusively through a chain of more than 4,100 company-operated stores and facilities, while the company’s other brands are sold through leading mass merchandisers, home centers, independent paint dealers, hardware stores, automotive retailers, and industrial distributors. The company supplies a broad range of highly-engineered industrial and OEM coatings for wood and general industrial, coil, packaging, protective and marine, and transportation applications worldwide. Our 60,000 employees are diverse, innovative and passionate. With a variety of rewarding and challenging opportunities, Sherwin-Williams is a great place to find a career that takes you places.
The Senior User Experience Researcher plays a vital role in creating useful, usable and desirable digital experiences for our customers, partners, and employees. Through an in-depth knowledge and application of research techniques, the User Experience Researcher will inspire change at all stages of product development and infuse teams with information to help create quality products.
Strategy and Planning
– Partner with key stakeholders and other UX team members on strategic roadmaps and the identification of research needs to support successful product evolutions.
– Identify user needs, determine feature usefulness and uncover new opportunities through UX research. Contribute findings and help generate innovative solutions to shape product strategy.
– Seek opportunities to continuously increase customer satisfaction and infuse UX best practices into applications and processes.
– Plan for, identify and design research activities to conduct. Create standard approaches as well as custom plans that fit within given scope, time and needs.
Acquisition and Deployment
– Collect and analyze user behavior through field visits, ethnography, usability testing, click-stream analytics, surveys, card sorts and online experiments (A/B testing).
– Report on findings to diverse audiences through compelling, written and in-person presentations.
– Shape and create standards for how the User Experience Team performs UX research.
– Partner with designers to create personas, scenarios, user journeys, story maps, user flows, etc.
– Assist in developing design concepts as a result of research, providing input on design considerations and on occasion enhancing wireframes/prototypes.
– Provide product usability, evaluation and support to development teams
– Lead the creation and maintenance of user-research documentation and standards.
– Utilize, assess and maintain a portfolio of customer insight tools including survey tools, user research tools, analytic platforms, a/b testing tools, etc.
– Create plans for ongoing product success measurement that leverages input from end users through thoughtful data collection, observations, and careful analysis.
– Utilize a flexible approach to changing priorities per stakeholder/customer feedback in an Agile work environment.
– Collaborate with designers, marketing, eCommerce, product, IT and customer support on the implementation and support of research findings and artifacts.
– Gain a deep understanding of business operations & industry practices to successfully aid in strategy, design, decision making and recommendations.
– Work among a team of designers, providing feedback and perspective, aiming for a cohesive experience across all touchpoints.
– Make presentations to management, clients, and peer groups, as requested.
– Mentor and coach designers, developers, product owners and/or Professional Apprentices.
– Schedule and lead project and communication meetings.
– Participate in hiring activities and fulfilling affirmative action obligations and ensuring compliance with the equal employment opportunity policy.
– Establish and maintain research standards, principles and patterns to be used across all channels and experiences.
– Must be able to travel domestically and internationally up to 15%.
– Work outside the standard office 7.5 hour workday may be required.
Formal Education & Certification
– Bachelor degree in Design, IT, Business, or related field or equivalent experience.
Knowledge & Experience
– 5+ years IT and/or Business experience.
– 3+ years’ experience as a UX practitioner conducting research
– 5+ years working with internal clients and/or external agencies/partners.
– Experience executing UX research methodologies – e.g. interviews, surveys, usability testing, field studies, etc. and fitting them into a full user-centered design process.
– High degree of both design expertise and business acumen, including familiarity developing new software solutions.
– Experience with heuristic evaluations and its application.
– Understanding of standard expected interfaces and basic user behaviors.
– Understanding of Google Analytics with experience extracting UX insights.
– Well versed in Microsoft Office applications.
– Understanding of various essential business functions of an organization.
– Strong technical knowledge coupled with business intelligence and ability to understand customer’s needs.
– Strong analytical, conceptual, and problem-solving abilities.
– Active listening, strong written and oral communication skills.
– Ability to work in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
– Proven ability and initiative to learn and research new concepts, ideas, and technologies quickly.
– Extensive knowledge of emerging industry practices when solving business problems.
– Ability to transform an idea or need into a completed solution or work product that is user friendly.
– Ability to communicate effectively, facilitate meetings and influence at all levels of the organization
– Able to prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
– Effective interpersonal, negotiation and collaboration skills.
– Strong results-orientation combined with excellent judgment and problem-solving skills.
Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, age, pregnancy, genetic information, creed, citizenship status, marital status, or any other consideration prohibited by law or contract. VEVRAA Federal Contractor requesting priority referral of protected veterans.
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.com.