Requisition Number: SS-15010
Area of Interest: Information Technology
Brand/Division: Shared Services
Position Type: Full-time
Location: San Jose, CA
Outward, Inc. is based in San Jose, CA and is a wholly owned subsidiary of Williams Sonoma, Inc. (******************)
At Outward Inc. our vision is to ‘lower the friction’ with regards to all aspects of the customer shopping journey for our retail customers globally. We do this by offering cutting edge technology solutions that enable new and intuitive experiences and top-notch product visualizations. We are continuously pushing the boundaries of how 3D, AR/ VR, and web technologies will drive the next generation shopping experience. Our mission is to deepen consumer connections with the products that matter and deliver best-in-class experiences.
We are actively seeking a Senior UX Designer to join our fast-paced, growing User Experience team. You will be a vital part of transforming our innovative technologies into new product lines, redefining the online shopping experience, and building a design culture across our organization’s functional teams.
As a Senior UX Designer, you will:
* Collaborate with product managers, engineers, creatives, and production artists on diverse projects to understand business requirements, generate the overall user experience solution, and deliver the final product.
* Mentor junior designers while producing UX deliverables across the entire design process.
* Author, document, and recommend UX process guidelines and workflows.
* Develop and execute a new user research and testing strategy.
* Support engineering and QA during development and launch.
* Advocate UX strategy to achieve product/organization objectives.
* Uphold the company mission, values, and standards of ethics and integrity.
As a Mid-Senior UX Designer, you should be able to:
* Manage multiple projects concurrently while maintaining command of deliverables, timelines and next steps.
* Lead and participate in team workshops to ideate, present work and gather feedback.
* Work directly with customers and project teams to gather requirements through user research, stakeholder interviews, etc.
* Identify and analyze design problems, make strategic design decisions, and generate elegant solutions under tight deadlines in a highly dynamic environment.
* Demonstrate expert understanding of UX methods, best practices and industry trends.
* Translate abstract concepts into concrete sketches, user flows, wireframes, mockups, and prototypes, and customize deliverables to specific customer needs.
* Showcase high attention to detail across all work product and evaluate the same with a high bar for design quality and coherence.
* Document and communicate design processes, ideas, and solutions clearly and effectively to senior leadership and multidisciplinary teams through written, visual, and verbal means.
* Collaborate with diverse individuals and be open to feedback and constructive criticism.
* Be a good listener, ask smart questions, and champion new ideas.
* Be passionate about all things UX and other areas of design and tech innovation.
REQUIREMENTS AND QUALIFICATIONS
To be considered for this position, you must have:
* Bachelor’s Degree in a discipline related to Visual Communications, Human Computer
* A link to your impressive portfolio included on your resume/cv
* 3-5 years of experience designing and shipping complex web applications and enterprise products in an agile environment.
* Experience training and mentoring junior designers in a UX team.
* Strong design portfolio of web, mobile, and application design.
* Fluency in mobile platforms, including design guidelines for native applications.
* Experience with adaptive and responsive web and application design.
* Expertise in standard UX software. Proficiency in Sketch and InVision is a must.
* Experience in eCommerce or related field, or AR/VR is a plus.
As an Outward team member, you will have:
* Medical, Dental, Vision
* Paid time off
* Company-sponsored team events such as regular staff parties
* Fantastic new headquarters
* Fully stocked kitchens with catered lunches twice a week
* On-site gym
* Office dogs! Bring your furry pal with you to work
* Flexible working hours
* Friendly, caring co-workers and management
This position Will Not offer relocation or Visa Sponsorship assistance.
Outward, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Outward, Inc. will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the California Fair Employment Act (AB 1008), or other applicable state or local laws and ordinances.
Williams-Sonoma, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Williams-Sonoma, Inc. will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, or other applicable state or local laws and ordinances.
Nearest Major Market: San Jose
Nearest Secondary Market: Palo Alto
Job Segment: Engineer, Testing, eCommerce, Quality Assurance, QA, Engineering, Technology, Sales, Quality
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.com.