Do you enjoy being a part of small teams that work closely with the customer? Does big data pique your interest? Our Prototype Development Support program is looking for candidates with a strong mission focus to do new development and rapid prototyping. Someone who can figure out smarter, better ways to discover new targets or support mission analysis. The Prototype Development Support program is a TTO-based, LOE program in support of our customer’s Operations organization. Through new development and rapid prototyping, this program looks to help its customer find new and better data sources and tradecraft to answer new and existing intelligence questions to accomplish its mission. Working across all areas, using methods that run the gamut from leading edge visualizations, analytic development and new technology research, the program constantly strives to provide the best solutions for the customer to address their mission needs, all in a fast paced, highly collaborative challenging environment.
Click here to learn how this program “Delivers Mission Success!” and a list of all our amazing opportunities
As a Principal Software Engineer, you will work with analysts to translate their ideas into requirements for new data sources, data flows, cloud analytics, or development of other information systems, as needed. You and your team will implement those requirements within the government cloud architecture. This work will involve working with networks and encryption providing leading edge solutions for those analysts.
- At least 16 years of general experience in computer science, computer engineering, mathematics, or a related discipline
- At least 5 years of experience in software-intensive projects and programs for government or industry customers.
- At least 5 years of the experience must have been as a software engineer supporting software architecture development, requirement analysis, process execution and evaluation, selection and evaluation of COTS/GOTS tools, and integration (with both new and existing systems).
- A bachelor’s degree in computer science, engineering, mathematics or a related discipline may be substituted for four years of general experience. A master’s degree in computer science, engineering, mathematics, or a related discipline, may be substituted for an additional two years of general experience.
- Strong Java experience with Java/Pig MapReduce
- Knowledge of network encryption metadata and/or hidden services to include network encrypting protocols (i.e., IKE/IPsec, TLS and technologies such as Tor)
- Experience with customer GHOSTMACHINE analytic development
- Familiar with cloud technologies (MapReduce, Spark, Accumulo, etc.)
- Familiarity developing analytics in the QTA (Query Time Analytics) environment
- Experience with Maven and web services development, Zoom workflows
- Familiarity with C++ and/or Python a plus
- Knowledge of customer data flow procedures
- Experience with customer corporate tools such as DX and XKS
- Experience with Jira for tracking
- Agile software development experience
- Strong written and oral communication skills are a must
- Work in a team environment
Pay Range $118,300.00 – $182,000.00 – $245,700.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.com.