Server Lead UNIX/Linux
Req #: ******Location: Chantilly, VA USJob Category: Information
TechnologySecurity Clearance: SecretClearance Status: Must be
CACI is currently looking for outstanding IT candidates to join our
TSA IT Management, Performance Analysis, and Collaborative
Technologies (IMPACT) team in the National Capital Region (NCR) and
throughout the United States. CACI will provide a variety of IT
services through IMPACT including cyber security, identity and access
management, risk management, cloud integration and engineering, field
support services, service desk, application deployment and
optimization, and operations center support services. CACI will
support TSA in both classified and unclassified IT operational
environments increasing availability and security for a variety of
applications and systems. IMPACT services will integrate with the
broader DHS mission and enhance existing Department-wide IT
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: (Reasonable accommodations may
be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
essential functions of this position)
* Write system scripts for daily administration and document system
* Install new software releases, system upgrades, evaluate and
install patches and resolve software and hardware related
* Perform system backups and recovery.
* Maintain data files and monitors system configuration to ensure
* Maintain the functionality, security, and uptime of critical
technology systems such as wireless networks, virtual machine and
storage infrastructure, and communication systems.
Minimum Qualifications: (To perform this job successfully, an
individual must be able to perform each essential duty
* Bachelor s degree (in Computer Science or related field) or
equivalent experience, and 5+ years of related experience.
* Applicable software or hardware training and certifications
commensurate with the technical objectives, services required, and
IT environment specified within the task order.
* Experience with HP C class server platforms, management tools
insight manager/ advanced ILO
* Experience with configuring and deploying Linux based operating
systems on HP Proliant class processing platforms
* Solid network and systems troubleshooting experience with
HTTPHTTPS, SFTP, FTP, NFS, SMB, SMTP, SSH, NTP and TCP/IP,
Internet Security, encryption
* Red Hat Certified Engineer or Red Hat Certified System
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
* Ability to travel in the NCR area (e.g., DC, Reston, and Quantico)
and to alternate data center (West Virginia) when necessary.
* Ability to work individually, actively participate on integrated
teams, and lead multiple tasks, projects or teams.
* Ability to provide guidance and direction to lower level
technicians, specialists, and managers.
* Able to deploy and integrate new applications that may be
* Capable of learning new applications that run on Linux quickly for
testing and deployment.
* Ability to research and evaluate new concepts and processes to
* Ability to analyze cross-functional problem sets, identify root
causes and resolve issues.
* Ability to assist more junior level technicians, specialists, and
managers in their activities.
* Comfortable with the full lifecycle of performing requirements
analysis, requirements definition, functional analysis, system
design, systems integration and test.
* Proficient in Red Hat Enterprise Linux with in-depth knowledge of
OS installation, security hardening and maintenance.
* Can perform all tasks of lower level technicians, specialists,
* Comfortable with working on physical and virtual (VMware) RHEL
servers from scratch.
* Administration and management of Red Hat Enterprise Linux 6 and 7
servers to include installation, configuration, optimization,
backup & recovery.
* Linux performance tuning & troubleshooting, identifying and
resolving contention in CPU, memory, networking, disk I/O, etc.
* Familiar with fundamentals of Linux scripting languages for
automation tasks and deployments. Bash Shell, python & Kickstart
* Integration & implementation of various services, LDAP, Samba,
NFS, Bind, Apache, and other core technologies.
* Familiarity of configuration management. Experience with Red Hat
Satellite Server, puppet, chef or Ansible Tower
What We Can Offer You:
* We ve been named a Best Place to Work by the Washington Post.
* Our employees value the flexibility at CACI that allows them to
balance quality work and their personal lives.
* We offer competitive benefits and learning and development
* We are mission-oriented and ever vigilant in aligning our
solutions with the nation s highest priorities.
* For over 55 years, the principles of CACI s unique,
character-based culture have been the driving force behind our
CACI employs a diverse range of talent to create an environment that
fuels innovation and fosters continuous improvement and success. At
CACI, you will have the opportunity to make an immediate impact by
providing information solutions and services in support of national
security missions and government transformation for Intelligence,
Defense, and Federal Civilian customers. CACI is proud to provide
dynamic careers for employees worldwide. CACI is an Equal Opportunity
Employer – Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.com.