Service Desk Technician
Req No. 2018-3370
Location : Location US-WA-Spokane
Category Information Technology
Clearwater Paper manufactures quality consumer tissue, away-from-home tissue, hard roll tissue, bleached paperboard and pulp at manufacturing facilities across the nation. The Company is a premier supplier of private label tissue to major retailers and wholesale distributors, including grocery, drug, mass merchants and discount stores. In addition, the Company produces bleached paperboard used by quality-conscious printers and packaging converters. Clearwater Paper’s employees build shareholder value by developing strong customer partnerships through quality and service.
At Clearwater Paper, we have made it a priority to build a clearly defined workplace culture that is consistent companywide. Key aspects of our culture include:
– Clear Values. We embrace and practice integrity, openness and candor; environmental responsibility; a commitment to quality; and a focus on customers.
– Continuous improvement. We believe there are always opportunities to raise the bar and get better. We engage our employees in improving both the business and their performance.
– Performance driven. We are focused on winning together and on delivering results.
Our customers’ success and our success requires everyone to do their part, whether we are finding new ways to be profitable or reducing our environmental footprint. If you are looking for teamwork, a sense of purpose, and a leading company that is growing fast, we are looking for you.
Ensure proper computer operation so that end users can accomplish business tasks. This includes receiving, prioritizing, documenting and actively resolving end user help requests and escalating incidents when considered appropriate and necessary to maintain SLA expectations. Problem resolution primarily involves the use of diagnostic and help request tracking tools remotely.
Field incoming requests to the Service Desk via telephone, ticketing system and e-mail to ensure courteous, timely and effective resolution of end user issues.
Document all pertinent end user identification information, including name, department, contact information and nature of problem or issue.
– Develop knowledge base articles and FAQ lists for end users and IT personnel
– Create/Validate Knowledge Management content for accuracy and effectiveness
– Access software updates, drivers, knowledge bases, and FAQ resources on the Internet/Intranet to aid in problem resolution.
Required education and related experience:
– High School or equivalent diploma
– One (1) to three (3) years’ experience in help desk environment preferred
– Experience with desktop and server operating systems, including Windows XP, Windows 7, and Windows Server 2008 R2
– ITIL Foundations Training
Skills and Abilities (technical/professional skills, expertise and qualifications):
– Strong documentation skills
– Knowledge creation within Knowledge Management tools
– ITIL Foundations Certified preferred
– HDI Help Desk Certification preferred
– MCSA Windows 7 or Windows 8 Certification preferred
– A+ Certification preferred
– CCNA Certification preferred
– 1 – 3 Years’ experience in help desk environment preferred
– Microsoft Service Center Operations Manager experience preferred
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.com.