The SIFMA Foundation is seeking a Developer to advance the front-end and support the back-end technology infrastructure underpinning our programs, with a special focus on enhancing the front-end UI/UX web design of our flagship product, The Stock Market GameTM, an acclaimed financial education program that combines an online trading simulation with comprehensive curriculum, allowing students to gain firsthand experience in building and managing an investment portfolio. The Developer will play a critical role in fulfilling the organization’s mission by designing a best-in-class program that drives growth and ensures long-term sustainability and success. You will also support the existing back-end developer in ensuring the platform’s day-to-day operations and functional stability. The ideal candidate will be a quick learner, proactive and resourceful, a strategic and critical thinker, a problem solver and highly organized. You are comfortable taking the lead, flourish under pressure, and can translate vision into action in service of creating the optimal experience for all stakeholders and meeting our ambitious goals.
Reports to: Chief Operating Officer
• Develop, code and test front-end programming with the ability to balance innovation, design, and functionality to create an optimal UI/UX product that drives product growth
• Effectively project manage key initiatives to advance organizational priorities, working across stakeholders (i.e., peers, management, vendors, users) to address challenges and drive results
• Identify opportunities in existing technology infrastructure and create innovative solutions to address these needs, with a focus on continuous user feedback and product improvement
• Proactively develop, test, and update contingency planning to ensure seamless technology operations in unforeseen circumstances
• Interact directly with end-users with a focus on delivering high-quality customer service
• Support back-end developer on daily monitoring and ensure system continuity during absences
• Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent technical certification and/or experience)
• 3-5 years of relevant experience, background in FinTech and/or EdTech preferred
• Experience with front-end web design with a keen eye for high-quality UI/UX
• Knowledge of, or ability to learn, multiple programming languages and databases, including:
• Knowledge of end-to-end product management (application servers, middleware, cloud computing, etc.), experience with Rackspace, Glassfish, and Payara preferred
• Innovative mindset with the ability to continually “think outside the box” to drive product innovation and growth, ensuring our product remains relevant and competitive
The SIFMA Foundation is an educational non-profit organization dedicated to fostering knowledge and understanding of the financial markets for individuals of all backgrounds, with a focus on youth in underserved communities and students of color. Drawing on the support and expertise of the financial services industry, the SIFMA Foundation provides high-quality financial education programming that strengthens economic opportunity across communities and increases individuals’ access to the benefits of the global marketplace. With a 43-year history of financial education leadership, the SIFMA Foundation has transformed the lives of 20 million students by providing academic enrichment and critical life skills through its Stock Market Game™, InvestWrite®, Capitol Hill Challenge™ and Invest It Forward® programs.
Salary: $100,000+, commensurate with experience
• Medical, Dental, Vision Insurance Plans
• Life and AD&D Insurance
• Short-Term and Long-Term Disability Insurance
• 401(k) with employer contribution
• Generous paid time off and holidays
• Eligible to work remotely (up to 2 days per week)
• Mobile Subsidy
How to apply:
SIFMA Foundation is currently conducting virtual interviews. Although the office is currently open, the individual hired may start remote and will transition to working in the office at a future date.
SIFMA Foundation is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages interested individuals to apply.
To apply for this job please visit recruiting.ultipro.com.