NYU Grossman School of Medicine is one of the nation's top-ranked medical schools. For 175 years, NYU Grossman School of Medicine has trained thousands of physicians and scientists who have helped to shape the course of medical history and enrich the lives of countless people. An integral part of NYU Langone Health, the Grossman School of Medicine at its core is committed to improving the human condition through medical education, scientific research, and direct patient care. At NYU Langone Health, equity, diversity, and inclusion are fundamental values. We strive to be a place where our exceptionally talented faculty, staff, and students of all identities can thrive. We embrace diversity, inclusion, and individual skills, ideas, and knowledge. For more information, go to med.nyu.edu, and interact with us on LinkedIn, Glassdoor, Indeed, Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.
We have an exciting opportunity to join our team as a Simulation Operations Specialist. The Simulation Operations Specialist is responsible for supporting simulation activities for The New York Simulation Center for the Health Sciences (NYSIM), a partnership between The City University of New York (CUNY) and NYU Grossman School of Medicine (NYUGSOM).
– Manages operations and logistics for in-person, offsite and remote simulation programs.
– Serves as a liaison between simulation center and internal and external customer base. Maintains cooperative and professional relationships with staff, faculty, learners and vendors.
– Welcomes and supports programs; greets faculty, introduces self and explains the program structure and support and contact method for the duration of the program.
– Assists with NYSIM special events and educational programs/conferences and participates in committees and workgroups supporting projects and initiatives.
– Educates faculty on equipment, space utilization, and software, as needed and appropriate.
– Ensures safe and appropriate use of center resources (space, equipment, and software) and conducts program set up and break down. Maintains facility (space, equipment, inventory) as a clean, safe, and optimal learning environment, and opens and closes facilities as per Standard Operating Procedures.
– May attend meetings and intakes, or support with proofreading documents and reports, as needed.
– Gathers, enters, and/or updates information or data to maintain departmental records and databases related to center operations (Sharepoint, OneDrive, etc.) and Bline. Generates data reports for programs, upon request.
– Adheres to policies and procedures and resolves non-routine situations based on established policies and procedures and escalates unsolved issues/questions to the appropriate person.
– Demonstrates knowledge of NYSIM’s mission, vision and guiding principles and incorporates them into the performance of duties.
– Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops and furthering professional development.
– Performs and participates in other job-related duties as required.
To qualify you must have a Bachelors Degree or 2-3 years relevant experience. Proficiency in using various Microsoft Office applications such as Word, Excel, Powerpoint, and Outlook. Effective oral, written, communication, and interpersonal skills. Ability to interface effectively with all levels of the organization and must work and communicate effectively with both internal and external customers. Ability to work in a team environment as well as independently. Great attention to detail and superior time management skills.
Previous work experience in healthcare and experience with technology.
Qualified candidates must be able to effectively communicate with all levels of the organization.
NYU Grossman School of Medicine provides its staff with far more than just a place to work. Rather, we are an institution you can be proud of, an institution where you'll feel good about devoting your time and your talents.
NYU Grossman School of Medicine is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversity and inclusion in all aspects of recruiting and employment. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity or expression, sex, sexual orientation, transgender status, gender dysphoria, national origin, age, religion, disability, military and veteran status, marital or parental status, citizenship status, genetic information or any other factor which cannot lawfully be used as a basis for an employment decision. We require applications to be completed online.
If you wish to view NYU Grossman School of Medicine's EEO policies, please click here. Please click here to view the Federal "EEO is the law" poster or visit https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm for more information.
NYU Langone Health provides a salary range to comply with the New York City Law on Salary Transparency in Job Advertisements. The salary range for the role is $28.00 – $28.00 Hourly. Actual salaries depend on a variety of factors, including experience, specialty, education, and hospital need. The salary range or contractual rate listed does not include bonuses/incentive, differential pay or other forms of compensation or benefits.
To view the Pay Transparency Notice, please click here
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.com.