Duties & Responsibilities
Energid Technologies has a full-time opening for a Software Architect. The successful candidate must be an advanced C++ developer with strong knowledge about designing and developing clean, organized scalable and efficient software. Must be familiar with real-time programming techniques.
Roles:Design clean, organized and scalable software
Effectively communicate designs to team
Implement clean, organized scalable and efficient software
Analyze, refactor, and improve legacy software
Relocation to the Boston area is preferred.Check out this video, to learn more about Energid Technologies!Energid Technologies develops advanced software and robotic systems for the aerospace, agriculture, manufacturing, transportation, defense, and medical industries. Energid’s Actin® software is a powerful control framework and operating system for commercial, industrial, and mission-critical robots that is sold as a cross-platform application and extensible software toolkit. Energid specializes in the control, simulation, and sensing of complex robotic systems.
- Design clean, organized and scalable software
- Effectively communicate designs to team
- Implement clean, organized scalable and efficient software
- Analyze, refactor, and improve legacy software
- Generate documentation
Relocation to the Boston area is preferred.
Regular Full Time
Position Subject to ITAR controls
Basic Qualifications, Experience, Skills & Education Required
A highly qualified candidate must have the following:BS or MS degree in an engineering discipline or equivalent
- Strong knowledge of C++
- At least five years of experience developing production-grade C++
- Strong knowledge of C++ standards
- Strong knowledge of software design and design patterns
- Strong knowledge of Object Oriented principles and application
- Experience working on large-scale commercial software
- Experience developing template code
- Experience working with Boost
- Experience with multithreaded application development.
- Experience with template metaprogramming features
- Experience with development for real-time systems
- Experience with real-time data exchange and synchronization
- Experience with existing middleware (ROS, DDS, LCM, MRDS, ZCM, etc)
- Experience with EtherCAT is a bonus
Established in 2001, Energid has grown steadily year-by-year to be a leader in high-tech systems development. We have forged a new way to do business in today’s competitive environment. Our corporate model incorporates a flexible, open and respectful workplace; personal accountability; rigorous development processes; and a commitment to excellence and efficiency.
Teradyne Inc. acquired Energid Technologies in 2018.
Relocation Available (Some relocation assistance has been approved for this role)
USA – MA – Bedford
The above listed position may involve access to export controlled technology and may be subject to export licensing requirements prior to employment.
ATTENTION APPLICANTS WITH DISABILITIES: If you’re unable to access our on-line application due to a disability you may visit one of our locations or our Corporate Office at 600 Riverpark Drive, North Reading, MA and request a paper application form. In addition, you may also contact the HR Service Center at 978-370- 3041 or contact them at HR.Service.Center@teradyne.com for additional assistance.
Teradyne is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.We are a VEVRAA Federal Contractor.
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.com.