Nashville, Tenn.-based Bridgestone Americas, Inc. is the U.S. subsidiary of Bridgestone Corporation, the world’s largest tire and rubber company. Bridgestone Americas and its subsidiaries develop, manufacture and market a wide range of Bridgestone, Firestone and associate brand tires to address the needs of a broad range of customers, including consumers, automotive and commercial vehicle original equipment manufacturers, and those in the agricultural, forestry and mining industries. The companies are also engaged in retreading operations throughout the Western Hemisphere and produce air springs, roofing materials, and industrial fibers and textiles. The Bridgestone Americas family of companies also operates the world’s largest chain of automotive tire and service centers. Guided by its One Team, One Planet message, the company is dedicated to achieving a positive environmental impact in all of the communities it calls home.
The Software Configuration Management Analyst will be responsible for enforcing, maintaining and auditing the current SCM processes, as well as assisting the SCM Manager in developing and implementing SCM improvements throughout BSA IT. In addition, this role will be responsible for administering, maintaining and customizing SCM tools used for version control, change control, build and deployment automation. The SCM Engineer will be supporting the development, testing, project management and development support teams.
• Assist development, testing and project management teams with SCM version and change control tools. • Perform administration and maintenance of SCM tools – TFS, GIT, Jenkins and JIRA.• Implement SCM tool customizations and automation of builds and deployments in TFS, GIT, Jenkins and JIRA.• Manage source code effectively using SCM best practices, such as branching, labeling, configuration control, etc.• Execute builds and deployments of Java and .NET applications to multiple software environments.• Enforce and improve the Software Configuration Management Process.• Provide user training on SCM tools, processes and procedures.• Work with development teams to troubleshoot build and deployment issues.• Create and update SCM process, procedure and training documents.
Knowledge and Experience
- Minimum 5 years of experience administering GIT, TFS and JIRA
- Minimum 5 years of Software Configuration Management experience
- 3+ years of scripting experience with Perl, ANT, msbuild or Powershell
- 3+ years of build automation experience using Jenkins or TeamCity
- 3+ years of Continuous Integration experience
- 3+ years compiling Java and .NET applications
- 3+ years of executing and deploying Microsoft SQL applications
- Ability to work effectively with minimal supervision.
- Strong analytical, time management and organizational skills.
- A complete understanding of the SDLC and development methodologies such as Waterfall, Agile and Scrum.
- Understanding of Windows and Linux technology and commands
- Jenkins and Quality Center integration experience.
- Knowledge of Release Management best practices.
- Understanding of Java and .NET programming to aid in troubleshooting.
- Experience with Change Management software such as Remedy.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related field of study; or any equivalent combination of experience and training.
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.com.