Peraton is seeking a Software Configuration Manager (CM) with previous experience in Software Development to support our mission critical customer in Fairfax, VA. This individual will work in a dynamic, fast-paced environment supporting mission critical systems. Analyzing and assessing the current environment and developing solutions to unique problems provide an exciting and challenging opportunity. The candidate must have experience with software configuration management processes, procedures and products, as well as software development experience.
What you’ll do…
· Develop, manage, and implement the Configuration Management (CM) processes and procedures.
· Ensure engineers’ build process for executables that adhere to customer’s established process and best practices such as full automation, repeatability, and reproducibility.
· Ensure all documentation deliverables are complete, consistent, and professional.
· Consult with IT engineers and end users concerning the outline of data requirements.
· Use source code configuration management software to maintain/edit documentation.
· Identify, document, and baseline Configuration Items (Cis) for the program
· Track and communicate all updates to the server baselines, client baselines, database files, and other configuration items.
· Produce management and product information concerning the status of baselines, change control, testing, releases, audits, etc.
· Plan, coordinate, and execute change management process
· Create Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) and Configuration Management Plans (CMPs) as required by the program
· Maintain configuration control for baseline environments
· Ensure all changes to the process methods and processes are properly approved, communicated and managed throughout the CM lifecycle
· Manage and maintain software inventory
You’d be a great fit if…
- Bachelors Degree in Computer Science or equivalent and 3 + years combined experience in Configuration Manager and Software Development.
- Demonstrated ability to manage and prioritize multiple tasks and adapt quickly to changing requirements.
- Demonstrated experience with software development and software development teams utilizing configuration management.
- Demonstrated ability to manage the configuration of multiple brands and types of software
- Experience in the following technologies: Microsoft Office and/or Office 365, Microsoft Visual Studio, SharePoint, Git or other source code management system
It’d be even better if you…
- Experience with Markdown and Powershell scripting languages
- Strong communication skills
- Excellent teamwork skills
What you’ll get…
- An immediately-vested 401(K) with employer matching
- Rapid PTO accrual schedule with floating holidays
- Comprehensive medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Tuition assistance, financing, and refinancing
- Paid maternity and paternity leave
- Company-paid infertility treatments
- Cross-training and professional development opportunities
- The ability to influence major initiatives
This position requires the candidate to already have a current TS/SCI with polygraph and to maintain the clearance.
We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We consider applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, or membership in any other group protected by federal, state, or local law.
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.com.