EC2, a part of Amazon Web Services, is a fast-growing business within Amazon that provides cost-effective and easy to use cloud computing resources to businesses of all sizes around the world. With AWS, you can requisition compute power, storage, databases, and many other services – paying as you go for only the resources you need.
Join us in Seattle at our headquarter office. Amazon makes relocation painless and simple!
Who we are: Our team owns a few services that enable every customer to reserve EC2 capacity for their usage. We work with small and larger customers from startups to the biggest Fortune 500 companies. We are responsible for providing the elasticity in the EC2.
What you will do: You will be a technical leader on the team that owns our tier1 platform that provides services to customers to ensure customers’ capacity demands are met no matter how unique the capacity requests are. The landscape of the business is constantly changing: one day you may be working on scaling the API that fulfills customers’ capacity demands, the next moment drafting a proposal to build an API for new capacity use cases, or if you get bored you can work with our embedded research team to build the statistical models mapping the future business needs.
Why it matters: EC2, while a mature business, is still growing at an incredibly fast rate with new regions launching every few months. EC2 Capacity Management sits at the heart of EC2, all roads lead to capacity and the systems that support distributing it. Our team, being central to running EC2, gets the opportunity to interact with teams across AWS and Amazon in general, we are the capacity experts. If a major product launch is happening or the customer has a complex use case, we are probably involved.
Why you’ll love it: EC2 is growing so fast we are still in startup mode. There is plenty of space to innovate and grow with only the hard problems remaining. You will have ownership, not just responsibility; it will be up to you to identify the top problems and prioritize the solutions that will give the most business impact. This is a fast growing team in which the business continues to invest; the team has grown and split multiple times.
Who we’re looking for: Natural technical leaders that show up to work to get things done and love building systems at scale. You will need to be able to dive deep and ensure the right operational processes are in place and that we are designing software that can scale to the business needs. Being able to set a technical vision and inspire a dev team to deliver is critical. Ideally, you are a seasoned Senior Developer looking to grow and take on the next challenge.
If this sounds intriguing consider joining our team. You will enjoy a very competitive salary, great benefits, a work environment with an innovation culture, and exciting opportunities to make history, have great fun and be part of the fastest-growing technology company on earth.
– B.S. degree in Computer Science, in a similar technical field of study or equivalent practical experience
– 4+ years of software development experience in one or more general purpose OO programming languages
– Experience working on at least any two of the following areas: large-scale distributed application development, machine learning, Unix/Linux environments, and deep-dive root-cause problem analysis.
– Fluent communication skills in verbal and written English
– Masters or Ph.D. degree, further education or similar experience in any related computer science or engineering field
– 6+ years of hands-on experience with two or more general purpose OO programming languages including but not limited to: Java, C#, C/C++, Ruby
– Interest and ability to learn other coding languages as required
– ID#: *********
– Location: Kansas City, MO
– Type: Information Technology (IT)
– Company: **********
– View More Jobs!
– Post your resume
– Create an Alert
– Found a mis-fit listing? Report it
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.com.