Heartland School Solutions, a business unit of Global Payments, is seeking a full-stack mobile app software engineer to work in our Tempe, Arizona office.
Whether you already have experience with mobile development or are a web developer looking to get into mobile development, this role could be for you!
Our mission at Heartland School Solutions is to create great software for the payments processing and K-12 nutrition market. Software Engineers on our team are expected to be fast learners who will quickly grasp the inner workings of our payments processing and E-Commerce platform, and their integration with our point of sale systems and mobile apps. Our mobile development stack includes a restful API written in Java, Xamarin.Forms using C# and .NET Standard Library targeting iOS, Android and Windows 10 (UWP), and SQLite on the device.
On this team, we are all accountable for the full range of activities required to deliver on our mission, from understanding the overall business and particular project requirements, writing tests, building the software, testing it, delivering it, and supporting it. We expect software engineers to be willing and able to switch hats to serve the greatest needs of the team.
– Write unit tests and/or automated functional tests that describe and validate desired business features
– Write top-notch, clean, readable code within business-driven timelines
– Quickly grasp the fundamentals of the payment processing industry such as credit card and ACH payments, settlement and chargebacks, and PCI security requirements
– Refactor existing applications for reliability, performance, and automated testing
– Design and implement new systems, and enhance existing systems to meet business needs, using C#
– Contribute to an environment that embraces best practices, continuous improvement and professionalism
– Always leave the code better than you found it, don’t perpetuate legacy code
– Continue growing as a software engineer
– Experience trumps education, but a bachelors or other degree in a software related field will be considered.
– C# Test-Driven Development or Behavior Driven Development
– Proficient in Refactoring for Test
– Proficient in SQL ideally (not required)
– Git source control management using VSTS is nice to have but not required
– Proficient in analyzing and fixing errors and performance issues in deployed code, which may have root causes outside of the code itself (e.g., hardware, network, or database)
– Familiar with Agile development (Scrum) ideally (not required)
– Payment processing, E-Commerce, K-12 nutrition, or point of sale experience a plus
– Native development experience on iOS and/or Android is highly desirable but not required
– 2-3+ years of .NET software development experience
– Dedication to software quality
– Zeal for continuous improvement as a professional software engineer
– Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
– Strong verbal and written communication skills and the ability to interact professionally with a diverse group including executives, managers, subject matter experts, and software engineers
– Ability to work in a rapidly changing environment
– Fast learner
– Problem solver
Global Payments Inc. is an equal opportunity employer.
Global Payments provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, ancestry, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, veteran status, genetic information or any other basis protected by law. Those applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application and/or interview process should notify a representative of the Human Resources Department.
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.com.