Job Locations US-WI-Milwaukee
Category Information Technology
Requisition Post Information* : External Company URL *********************************
Location : Name IT Applications-MKE
Location : Address 6737 W. Washington St.
Location : Location US-WI-Milwaukee
Every day is an opportunity for our associates to deeply connect with people in a profound and personal way. Our associates are the core of our mission and we know that offering them genuine rewards and heart filling job satisfaction is the key to our success as a company. Here you’ll find opportunities to grow your career at any level whether you have direct contact with resident or support someone who does, and be inspired personally. With over 60,000 associates, there’s a place for you to make a difference in lives of the families we serve throughout our continuum of care.
As a talented and passionate member of an energetic Agile team, the Solutions Engineer I will build high-performing, scalable, enterprise-grade applications, while providing expertise in all areas of full stack development. The Solutions Engineer I will be a self-starter that demonstrates excellent communication and problem solving skills with a focus on customer service, ensuring products meet or exceed operational requirements. The Solutions Engineer I will collaboratively participate in all areas of delivery from analysis, development, configuration, testing, implementation and support of software applications.
* Analyze, configure, develop, test, document, and implement new and existing applications and solutions to deliver high quality, scalable solutions to meet business objectives and operational requirements.
* Adhere to application/architecture design, design patterns and development technology/standards.
* Adhere to the defined change management guidelines and corporate regulations.
* Collaborate with team members to support business objectives and continual improvement of team dynamics.
* Support the identification and resolution of application and technical issues.
* Has basic awareness of emerging technologies. Has strong desire to learn and master new technologies.
* Adaptive to different technology interfaces and frameworks.
* Focused on delivery of high quality solutions and improvements in customer experience and operational excellence. Has awareness of scalability.
This job description represents an overview of the responsibilities for the above referenced position. It is not intended to represent a comprehensive list of responsibilities. An associate should perform all duties as assigned by his/her supervisor.
Education and Experience
Bachelor’s Degree in Information Technology, Engineering, or other related area, or equivalent experience is required. Minimum 2-3 years of related experience is required.
Certifications, Licenses, and Other Special Requirements
Uses limited independent judgment to make decisions based on precedents and established guidelines. Solves problems using standard procedures and precedents. Knows when to refer issues to supervisor and when to handle them personally.
Knowledge and Skills
* Basic experience with database technologies and CRUD concepts.
* Experience with unit, integration and acceptance testing.
* Understanding of and ability to incorporate Application design patterns.
* Understanding of and ability to work within an Agile team environment, preferably Scrum, as an actively involved team member.
* Supportive of team members and other teams through effective collaboration.
* Positive influence and embodiment of Brookdale mission and cornerstones.
* Basic understanding of at least one development language used at Brookdale to the extent minimal assistance is required to perform rudimentary tasks. Ability to adopt additional technologies as required.
* Understanding of general business practices and ability to apply this understanding to Brookdale. Willingness to understand the business as well as our customers.
* Developing awareness of when status quo should be challenged in the organization to find better ways to serve the field and our residents. Commitment to action over process, bureaucracy, and status quo.
Physical Demands and Working Conditions
* Use hands and fingers to handle or feel
* Reach with hands and arms
* Stoop, kneel, crouch crawl
* Talk or hear
* Ability to lift: up to 25 pounds
* Requires interaction with co-workers, residents or vendors
* Occasional weekend, evening or night work if needed to ensure shift coverage
Brookdale is an equal opportunity employer and a drug-free workplace.
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.com.