Leidos currently has an opening for a Software Developer, supporting multiple US Navy programs, located in Bethesda MD. Leidos’ High Fidelity Simulation Business Area is responsible for architecting and implementing large-scale System of Systems solutions in support of world class simulation, training, and analysis products for the US Navy. You will assist in developing the most sophisticated and “game changing” trainers the US Navy deploys. You will be part of an excellent team, in an ever-changing environment, on a long running program, performing work that has a major impact, with access to additional pay options. This position requires US citizenship and the ability to obtain a DoD Secret security clearance.
You will develop sophisticated, real-time software to enhance the fidelity of training and simulation systems. The work may include developing trainer command and control software, sonar system simulation/stimulation software, data visualization software, message passing and data distribution software, and/or numerical models. This code is used in a variety of naval training and simulation systems. All software is developed in a Linux environment, and written primarily in C++, Java, and Angular. Software development will include requirements analysis, designing, coding, unit testing, integration testing, and verification and validation testing. Work will include the development of new code and the maintenance and extension of existing code in an agile development approach.
No greater than 10% travel to trainer sites located at various naval bases.
B.S./B.A. in Computer Science.
• US Citizenship and ability to obtain a DoD Secret security clearance.
• Must have 7+ years of experience developing software in C++, Java, or related languages.
• Must have a strong working knowledge of tools and libraries available for the Linux operating system, and be familiar with sound software engineering principles and methodologies.
• Must demonstrate a commitment to excellence, a dedication to producing quality work results, and an ability to learn and apply new skills. Must be committed to customer service, well organized, able to plan and prioritize assignments, and able to effectively handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
• Must be able to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing, be courteous and professional when interacting with colleagues and customers, demonstrate a solid ability to identify and solve problems, and be able to work successfully in a team environment.
• Advanced degree, continuing education in computer science, and/or advanced math/physics background.
• Experience with CI/CD tools, containerization technologies, TypeScript-based web application frameworks, CesiumJS, or Scala.
• Cluster computing, signal processing, real-time software, numerical simulation software, multi-threaded, multi-processor software, data visualization software, underwater acoustic modeling, or familiarity with sonar systems.
• Experience with Agile development and/or Atlassian products.
External Referral Eligib
Pay Range $74,750.00 – $115,000.00 – $155,250.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.com.