Requisition ID 2018-43465
# of Openings 5
Job Function Information Technology
Security Clearance Level Secret
Full/Part Time Full Time
GDIT is currently seeking a Software Developer in Keyport, WA to provide software development and maintenance in services support of the Naval Undersea Warfare Center (NUWC) Division Keyport. This position supports the maintenance and enhancement of mission planning, training, and tactical systems used by US Navy personnel in the conduct and training for various tactical missions by researching, designing, developing and/or modifying enterprise-wide systems and/or applications software.
The software components of these systems are primarily written in C++ with some Java and other legacy programming languages. Future enhancements will deliver these systems in a Service Oriented Architecture (SOA) and employ web services extensively.
The position will work closely with Systems Engineers and Subject Matter Experts to correct software deficiencies, develop new capabilities, maintain software baselines, and support integration into the Combat Systems used aboard Navy ships, submarines, aircraft, and shore facilities. The systems employ real time interfaces to sensors and environmental data services to provide Navy personnel with the ability to operate sensors, plan/execute operations in tactical applications, as well as simulations used for training. The work is fast paced and challenging; employing software solutions to model acoustic and electro-magnetic propagation; real time sensor data processing and solve for tactical sensor employment in the conduct of the various mission.
* Researches; designs; develops and/or modifies enterprise-wide systems and/or applications software.
* Participates in the design and coding of software products.
* Performs systems modeling; simulation; and analysis.
* Prepares comprehensive test plans and conducts tests.
* Analyzes test results and recommends moderately complex corrections to more experienced software engineers.
* Designs and develops compilers; assemblers; utility programs; and operating systems.
* Advises hardware engineers on machine characteristics that affect software systems; such as storage capacity; processing speed; and input/output requirements.
* Writes and updates technical documentation such as user manuals; system documentation; and training materials.
* Troubleshoots problems and provides customer support for software operating system and application issues.
* Maintains current knowledge of relevant technology as assigned.
* Participates in special projects as required.
Bachelors Degree in Computer Science; Engineering or a related technical discipline; or the equivalent combination of education; technical training; or work/military experience.
* 2-5 years of related software development experience
* Current 8570 IAT II Level Certification (CNA-Security, GICSP, GSEC, Security+ CE, SSCP) or higher is required
* DoD Secret Clearance or higher is required
As a trusted systems integrator for more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology provides information technology (IT), systems engineering, professional services and simulation and training to customers in the defense, federal civilian government, health, homeland security, intelligence, state and local government and commercial sectors. With approximately 32,000 professionals worldwide, the company delivers IT enterprise solutions, manages large-scale, mission-critical IT programs and provides mission support services. GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.com.