TDECU CAREER OPPORTUNITY: Software Developer
REPORTS TO: Director, Enterprise Architecture and Solutions Delivery
LOCATION: This position is based in Texas. The role may require 20% travel and is eligible for partial telecommuting up to 100%.
TDECU: WHO WE ARE
Were not a manufacturing company with widgets being built in the back. Our product is our people. Were a service organization. Our culture is driven by our employees; they are the essence of our brand.
-Steph Sherrodd, President and Chief Executive Officer of TDECU
Our Mission: We provide financial solutions to navigate the journey of life.
Our Vision: Better tomorrows for all the lives we touch.
Our Purpose: TDECU exists to improve the lives of Members, Employees, and our Communities.
Our Path: We believe banking should be simple, financial solutions relevant and Members deserve an exceptional experience.
Technology is changing at a fast pace and so are we. However, at TDECU we believe one priority will never change, putting people first in all that we do. We are driving our culture, and business model, to lead with a digital focus while ensuring the Member experience is always in the drivers seat. Marketing is critical to this shift in connecting Members and employees to digital solutions that improve lives.
WHAT YOU WILL DO: KEY AREAS OF SCOPE
1. Develop Windows and web-based solutions using Microsoft .Net, C#, Visual Studio 2015 or higher.
2. Develop web services, APIs, and integrations
3. Analyze complex systems and development problems and recommend and implement solutions.
4. Collaborate with technical and business teams to identify current and future business requirements and create current state/future state technical diagrams (data flows, integrations, etc.)
5. Collaborates with Enterprise Application Support analysts and provides escalated/tier three technical support and troubleshooting guidance, when needed
6. Provide input into technical specifications documentation.
7. Experience developing Java-based solutions is a plus.
9. Familiarity with source code management tools, preferably Microsoft Team Foundation Server (TFS).
10. Knowledge of EDI, ANSI X.12, XML, JSON and other data messaging schema.
11. Strong knowledge of Microsoft SQL.
12. Experience building, integrating, and extending SOAP and REST web services and APIs.
13. Knowledge of Object Oriented Programming techniques.
14. Ability to balance multiple, complex, and diverse projects.
15. Meets with stakeholders to make communication easy and transparent regarding work progress and requirements.
16. Analyze and proactively communicate ways to mitigate software risks.
Essential education and experience:
Essential education: Four year or technical degree or combination of education and experience as a program or project manager and/or other similar relevant experience.
Microsoft Certified Solutions Developer (MCSD) certification is preferred.
Essential experience: Two or more years of work experience including as a software developer, systems engineer, or similar role, preferably in the banking and financial services industry.
Proven experience with SDLC, Agile and Waterfall methodologies, web services/APIs, and databases.
Experience with the Fiserv DNA core banking platform is a big plus.
Strong interpersonal communication skills and strategic and creative thinking abilities. Demonstrated competence in flexibility and change orientation.
Demonstrated SME (subject matter expert) in software development. Adheres to SDLC, coding, and quality standards.
Ability to facilitate group discussions and address interpersonal conflicts in an efficient, respectful manner.
Technical expertise and general understanding of product applications, technological trends and evolutions.
Continually learns and stays current on marketplace trends and needs.
Builds collaborative and productive relationships across the enterprise.
Provides world class, REAL legendary service.
Demonstrates effective time management.
Advanced knowledge of relevant software including Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio).
Physical Demands and Work Environment: (The physical demands and work environment characteristics described herein are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform essential functions of this position and/or may be encountered while performing essential functions. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
While performing the essential duties of this position, an employee would frequently be required to stand, walk, and sit. An employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and may occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds to perform essential position functions.
Specific vision abilities required by this position include close vision, distance vision, and the ability to adjust focus. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Company Required Compliance and Community Relations
Implements processes and completes all mandatory compliance training as required by the Bank Secrecy Act and TDECU policies and procedures including but not limited to completing and submitting Currency Transaction Reports, being knowledgeable of signs of unusual financial activities, and reporting signs of unusual activity and/or completing reporting for Suspicious Activity Report as appropriate per procedure. Stays abreast of changes within the credit union relating to services and procedures.
Actively participates in community relations activities to represent the Credit Union.
Texas Dow Employees Credit Union is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination in employment on any basis including race, color, age, protected veteran status, sex, religion, disability, genetic information, national origin or other status protected by federal, state or local law. Consistent with the American Disabilities Act, applicants may request accommodations needed to participate in the application process.
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.com.