Location: Oklahoma City, OK, US
Job ID: 17654
Qualified applicants are considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, status as a protected veteran or other characteristics protected by law.
For more information on Equal Employment Opportunity, please follow these links:
EEO is the Law
EEO is the Law Supplement
Pay Transparency Provision
The Software Developer works with our Business and IT teams to identify and develop scalable, enterprise-class, C# .NET and Angular 2+, cloud-based solutions for a rapidly changing landscape of small and large-scale opportunities. The successful candidate will have a strong foundation in SOLID principles and works effectively within a development team. He/She will have Oil and Gas experience, particularly in the areas of drilling, completions, geology/geophysics and production, or the desire and capability to learn about this very technical business. He/she should also understand how software and technology can be applied to solve problems and exploit opportunities, and be able to communicate effectively with non-technical people.
Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Engineering.
* Minimum 8 years of related technical experience preferred
* Job Responsbilities
* Deliver business solutions leveraging agile methodologies and tools
* Communicate and work with other IT departments to ensure the needs of business units are met
* Provide business customer, enterprise-class solutions utilizing varied relational and real-time data sources
* Identify open issues and risks and determine action/mitigation plans
* Provide technical design consultation for upcoming/developing projects
* Coordinates the transition of custom applications to operations
* May be called upon to improve system and application performance metrics
* Manage daily activities, which involve working with existing applications and their owners
* Work with remote team members
* Coach and mentor junior staff members
* Experience using agile methodology a plus
* Experience with relational databases including Microsoft SQL Server, Oracle, and SQL language required
* Experience writing unit tests for appropriate application coverage required
* Experience with Web API 2.0 and MVC applications required
* Strong analytical, troubleshooting, and problem-solving skills – experience in analyzing and understanding business/technology system architectures, databases, and client applications
* Ability to learn quickly, understand complex problems, and apply useful solutions to those problems
* Experience with Visual Studio Team Services, Continuous Integration/Continuous delivery (CI/CD) and Azure deployments strongly preferred
* Experience with building PaaS applications a plus
* Experience with using or administering Oil & Gas well lifecycle specific applications, such as Wellview, Siteview, and Rigview
* Knowledge of Oil and Gas production accounting databases (TOW, PPDM, PVR, Energy Components) a plus
* Knowledge of OSISoft PI real-time historian a plus
* Able to communicate effectively at all levels and in all mediums (formal presentation, written reports, email, IM, verbal)
Devon Energy is committed to ensuring equal employment opportunity, including providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with a disability. Applicants with a physical or mental disability who require a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process may contact the Devon Talent Acquisition Team at *****************.
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.com.