Job Information: Software Developer – ******* Job
Software Developer – *******
EOE StatementCarnegie Mellon University is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veteran.
What We Do:
At the SEI Emerging Technology Center, we describe our work as making the recently possible mission-practical. We help our government customers stay at the leading edge of technology by identifying, demonstrating, extending, and applying emerging software technologies to solve real government problems. We currently work in the fields of human-machine interaction, applied artificial intelligence and machine learning, and advanced computingareas that are changing and progressing rapidly. As we show our customers how new technologies can improve their mission capabilities through rapid prototyping and iterative development, we both rely on and shape academic and industrial research.
Are you creative, curious, energetic, collaborative, technology-focused, and hard-working? Are you interested in making a difference by bringing innovation to government organizations and beyond? to join our team.
As a software developer on our team, you will apply software research and leading-edge technologies to important and challenging government problems and needs.
– Technical Teamwork: You have experience participating on high-technology teams for a variety of projects, including open-source development projects.
– Desired Experience – Knowledge of Department of Defense and Intelligence Community: We consider it a plus if you are familiar with DoD or Intelligence Community software systems acquisition practices.
– Programming: You’ll have the chance to work with modern languages such as Java, Python, and C/C++; large-scale data frameworks such as Tensorflow, Spark, Keras, and Hadoop; and web frameworks like node.js and D3.js.
– Technical Experimentation. You’ll experiment with emerging technologies such as augmented and virtual reality, computer vision, and deep learning.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
– Communication and Collaboration: You have strong written and verbal communication skills and can interact collaboratively and diplomatically with customers and colleagues. You grasp the big picture, direction, and goals of an effort while focusing great attention to detail. You can present complex ideas to people who may not have a deep understanding of the subject area.
– Dedication: You can meet deadlines while multi-tasking – sometimes under pressure and with shifting priorities.
– Creativity and Innovation: You are creative and curious, and you are inspired by the prospect of collaborating with premier researchers at Carnegie Mellon University and other universities and organizations. You quickly learn new procedures, techniques, and approaches.
– Knowledge and Learning: You possess broad technical experience and interest in computer science and applied technology such as human-computer interaction, data analytics and machine learning, advanced computing, and autonomy and adaptive systems.
– BS in Computer Science or related discipline with eight (8) years of experience; OR MS in the same fields with five (5) years of experience
– Flexible to travel to other SEI offices in Pittsburgh and Washington, DC, sponsor sites, conferences, and offsite meetings on occasion. Moderate (25%) travel outside of your home location.
– You will be subject to a background investigation and must be eligible to obtain and maintain a Department of Defense security clearance.
Please visit Why Carnegie Mellon to learn more about becoming part of an institution inspiring innovations that change the world.
A listing of employee benefits is available at: ***************************************
Carnegie Mellon University is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veteran.
Job CategoriesSoftware Engineering & Development
This position is currently accepting applications.
Follow us See who works here:
AppOne.comTM copyright1999-2018 HR Services, Inc.
Click here for technical assistance.
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.com.