For Siemens Software Developer job – Research & Development – Buffalo Grove, Illinois
Skip to Main Content
– Our Stories
– My Dashboard
– My Dashboard
– Our Stories
Locations: Buffalo Grove, Illinois
Job Family: Research & Development
Division: Building Technologies
Business Unit: Region Americas
Requisition Number: ******
Primary Location: United States-Illinois-Buffalo Grove
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Entry level
Education Required Level: Bachelor’s Degree
Travel Required: 5%
The Siemens Building Technologies Division is the North American market leader for safe and secure, energy-efficient and environmentally-friendly buildings and infrastructure. As a technology partner, service provider, and system integrator, Building Technologies has offerings for fire protection; life safety; and security as well as building automation; heating, ventilation, and air conditioning (HVAC); and energy management. Since 1995, Siemens has helped to modernize nearly 7,000 buildings worldwide, including important American landmarks such as World Trade Center Memorial, Times Square Building, Carnegie Hall, Walt Disney World and the Mount Vernon Estate.
For more information, please visit: **************************************************************************************
Software Developer II
As a Software Developer II at Siemens Building Technologies, you will participate within interdisciplinary teams to enhance and develop products for the commercial HVAC market. You will be responsible for developing software products to satisfy customer needs.
* Solid in design, implementation, testing, troubleshooting, and enhancing software applications for building automation components and sub-systems.
* Develop and run automated tests for verifying sub-system application functionality using an appropriate language or platform.
* Create and review technical documentation for internal process and external customer support.
* Collaborate with Sr Engineers to understand market requirements to implement product designs.
* Review and understand software methodologies for product design and model documentation.
* Collaborate in international, multi-site development in an agile environment.
* Comply with documented Siemens development processes.
* Basic understanding of quality attributes and their impact on SW sub-systems, design, and development.
* Participate in design alternatives via prototyping, peer programming and expert reviews.
* Passionate and self-motivated to learn and keen to constantly improve and develop skills to stay current with technology.
* Participate in resolution of field problems in application of existing products.
* Some travel required (~5%)
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
* Bachelor degree in related discipline or advanced degree, where required, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
* Solid knowledge in at least one major programming language and computing platform (e.g. C#/.NET, C++, Java/J2EE).
* Practitioner of state of the art development practices for software documentation and test-driven designs.
* Strong focus to deliver quality in every work aspect, utilizing tools to monitor, analyze and enhance software code base.
* Hands-on experience with state of the art source code control and application lifecycle management systems (e.g. IBM Jazz RTC, Git).
* Proven experience applying and thorough understanding of software design patterns and principles.
* Practical experience with software design languages, models, and diagrams (e.g. UML).
* Solid practitioner in agile development approaches with clear understanding and proactive execution for personal responsibilities.
* Works well in teams and on individual assignments.
* Actively shares knowledge and expertise with fellow team members.
* Able to provide reliable estimates to tasks and project scopes.
* Hands-on software troubleshooting experience.
* Cultural sensitivity and experience working with global teams.
* Strong oral and written communication skills.
* Solid knowledge of virtualization technologies and platforms.
* Power user knowledge of modern operating systems and IT networks/infrastructure.
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the Unites States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
Can’t find what you are looking for?
Let’s stay connected
US Only: Review Accommodations for Disability
Siemens AG, 1996 – 2018
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.com.