Job ID #: 70690
Position Title: Software Developer
Functional Area: Information Technology
Facility: Corporate Office
Relocation Provided: No
Education Required: Bachelors Degree
Experience Required: 5 – 7 Years
Travel Percent: 10
Lenovo is looking for an outstanding software developer to deliver high quality applications to satisfy our everything as a service (XaaS) initiative.
You will be working from start to finish on projects, and it will be essential to understand all aspects of each system, from both a business and technical point of view.
If you have excellent programming skills and a passion for developing applications and improving existing ones, we would like to meet you.
Some of the main tasks you can expect to be involved in:
– Hands-on new development and enhancements to existing applications
– Create designs and building of mockup for rapid prototypes
– Delivery of high-fidelity prototypes.
– Participate in all phases of the development life cycle
– Implement responsible web design principles to ensure that our company website renders well across multiple devices
– Optimize websites and applications to ensure fast loading speeds
– Providing recommendations on deployment platforms
– Incorporate standards-based development processes for website and web/mobile application
– Subject matter expert, providing: guidelines, best practices and training to other individuals
– Formulate concepts and ideas for additional products, tools and services
– Potentially acting as a DBA
You will be responsible staying up to date with new technology and understanding how to incorporate new trends.
With 50,000+ employees and $43B in global sales in 160 countries, Lenovo is a global leader in innovative consumer, commercial and enterprise technologies.
We are a member of the Fortune Global 500, and recently leapt onto Forbes’ Top Regarded Companies list coming in at #27 out of the world’s top 2,000 companies, Lenovo is bigger and stronger than ever thanks to not only organic growth, but also due to several recent acquisitions.
Lenovo also has a diverse employee culture. We are proud to be a truly global company, as our leaders and employees come from various cultures across the globe. We view our differences as a source of strength in building a culture that helps us achieve our goals. Position Requirements
– Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in computer science or related discipline
– 5+ years of software development experience
– Experience with Jira, and/or BitBucket, and/or unit testing methodologies
– Database experience
– Strong communication and problem-solving skills in an autonomous capacity
– Experience using cloud platforms eg. Azure, AWS
– High degree of creativity in finding new ways to execute and improve effectiveness
– Spirit of entrepreneurship requiring high-energy, proactivity, and teaming/collaboration
– Keen understanding of country/region complexities for global implementations
– Working knowledge of PHP
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.com.