The scope of the IT GEMS contract includes a full range of information technology (IT) services which include necessary hardware, software, and ancillary, components to support enterprise-level programs and environments. Support service areas include program management support, policy, procedures, and operations support, IT core services support, security compliance, customer and client services support, transformational IT support, and application migration support.
Software Developer Advisor WILL MAKE AN IMPACT:
In this Role you will:
- Lead the Application Migration team and oversees and manages the entire application migration process. Be responsible for refining and verifying existing migration strategies, optimization plan, and developing Application Migration Plans for each group of applications to be migrated (estimated 500 applications in 15 locations) in coordination with DMDC.
- Coordinate with functional teams, DMDC, and application owners to ensure a smooth migration process. Ensure compliance with security and regulatory requirements. Provide guidance and support to the application migration project teams. Monitors and reports on the progress of migration activities.
- As part of our CSI2 program, capture feedback and lessons learned to improve the cloud migration process. Produce the Center Discovery Reports (Del 92) prior to migration of applications, throughout the life of the contract. Create and maintains Application Migration Plans (including the Work Breakdown Structure (WBS) and Risk Register) (Del 93) as required.
WHAT YOU'LL NEED TO SUCCEED:
- 5-8 years of experience, BA/BS degree or equivalent years of experience
- Required Technical Skills:
- IAT II
- AWS Certified Solutions Architect or equivalent
- Security Clearance Level:
- Active DOD Secret
- Falls Church, VA
GDIT IS YOUR PLACE:
• Full-flex work week to own your priorities at work
• 401K with company match
• Comprehensive health and wellness packages
• Internal mobility team dedicated to helping you own your career
• Professional growth opportunities including paid education and certifications
• Cutting-edge technology you can learn from
• Rest and recharge with paid vacation and holidays
Years of Experience
7 + years of related experience
* may vary based on technical training, certification(s), or degree
Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP) – ISC2
U.S. Citizenship Required
About Our Work
We are GDIT. A global technology and professional services company that delivers consulting, technology and mission services to every major agency across the U.S. government, defense and intelligence community. Our 30,000 experts extract the power of technology to create immediate value and deliver solutions at the edge of innovation. We operate across 30 countries worldwide, offering leading capabilities in digital modernization, AI/ML, Cloud, Cyber and application development. Together with our clients, we strive to create a safer, smarter world by harnessing the power of deep expertise and advanced technology.
GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.com.