Do you like developing apps that use new Apple APIs? Do you look forward to using the latest version of Xcode and the SDKs? If so, we want you to be part of the team that builds internal apps using new APIs that are yet to be released to external developers. The Framework Internal Apps team designs and develops internal apps used to qualify many flagship developer features like SwiftUI, WidgetKit, macOS Catalyst, and watchOS Complications. Join us and help shape the developer experience for future versions of Apple SDKs!
- Strong development skills in Swift, Objective-C, C++ or similar languages
- Solid computer science fundamentals
- Proven ability to ramp up quickly on new technologies
- Experience debugging software issues
- Self driven and the ability to work autonomously
- Creative thinker and strong problem solver that thrives in an environment that focuses on customer experience and attention to detail
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
As a Framework Internal Apps Engineer, you will need to have the right balance of app development skills, testing abilities, and computer science fundamentals. We design, develop, and maintain apps that are used to validate new APIs in the public SDKs for iOS, iPadOS, tvOS, watchOS, and Catalyst. You will be embedded with software development teams to ensure Apple’s SDKs provide the intended functionality and experience for the thousands of developers who build apps for our platforms. You will work closely with other Developers, Quality Assurance Engineers, and Automation Engineers across Apple to ensure we have adequate test coverage for new APIs. We also occasionally develop accompanying web services and tools needed to ensure new APIs work. To be successful in this role, we are looking for a self-motivated engineer that can thrive in an autonomous environment. You will need to have strong technical, problem solving, and communication skills to work in this fast-paced
Education & Experience
BS/MS in Computer Science or equivalent degree/experience
- Experience developing software on Apple platforms (Xcode, macOS, iOS, iPadOS, tvOS, and watchOS) is preferred but not required
- Experience using any of Apple’s OS SDKs is a plus
- Experience with SDK/API testing is a plus
To apply for this job please visit jobs.apple.com.