This position is remote and does not require regular in-office presence.
Ameritas Life Insurance Corp is seeking a Software Developer Intern – Packaged Systmes to drive the business by supporting the Individual, AIC/AAS, and Retirement business efforts.
At Ameritas, our mission is Fulfilling Life. We do that in many ways, but especially by helping people invest in themselves by offering trusted financial products and advice. Because we believe everyone should be happy, healthy, and financially secure, we work hard to provide trusted financial products and valued guidance, including individual life and disability insurance, employee benefits, retirement planning, investments, and wealth management services.
This internship will begin January 2024.
What You Do
- Design and develop:
- solutions utilizing custom packaged insurance software
- Work with automation tools while working with a range of developers and technologies
- Gain experience with a cross section of IT resources to enhance existing, or develop new Java applications
- Work with SQL or other data query languages
What You Bring
- Must be enrolled in a college level degree program — associate or bachelor level
- Computer Science and Information Systems majors preferred, but other majors will be considered
- Understanding of coding and basic principles of application development.
- Able to commit to a full year of work – part-time during the academic school year and full-time during the summer
- PT includes 10-20 hours a week
- FT includes 30-40 hours a week
- Ability to work during core hours of 7:00 a.m. — 6:00 p.m. CST, scheduling is flexible
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Possesses a self-starting approach to assignment and responsibilities
- Executes with the highest degree of integrity and accountability
- Analytical and problem-solving skills.
What we offer
- Our company motto is “Fulfilling Life” and we take that job seriously, with a heavy commitment to volunteering and community support, employee well-being, and providing quality products and services that help our customers create a brighter future.
- Being a mutual-based organization, the return on our investment goes back into the company, to benefit our members/customers.
- We’re committed to professional development, opportunity, inclusion, and diversity. Team building and collaboration are also priorities.
This internship is benefits ineligible.
An Equal Opportunity Employer:
Ameritas has a reputation as a company that cares, and because everyone should feel safe bringing their authentic, whole self to work, we’re committed to an inclusive culture and diverse workplace, enriched by our individual differences. We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer that hires based on qualifications, positive attitude, and exemplary work ethic, regardless of sex, race, color, national origin, religion, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law. Hourly pay $18.00.
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.com.