Software Developer (Linux)
CGI is seeking a software developer with experience on Java, Linux system integration, IBM suite (WebSphere, MQ), Infrastructure set up & (DevOps) migrating applications. The developer will rely on their growing technical skills and experience to design, estimate, present and deliver technical solutions with clean, well-organized and expressive code to CGI's customer base. The developer will be working with our client to understand their business needs and help deliver value though technology. The candidate should we very articulate about the technologies that come into play and capable of providing direction on this space.
Your future duties and responsibilities
• Apply academic, work skills and experience to the development/deployment of large scale software and systems components
• Designing and implementing various software and systems components within the guidelines of established computer architecture
• Researching and implementing new and/or evolving technologies
• Recommending/providing guidance on solutions and technologies based on experience
• Communicating status, risks, issues and/or concerns to leadership in a timely manner
• Maintaining and updating documentation regarding the design and operation of all software and systems components
• Assisting in routine work (database management, version control, Network/Infrastructure issues) and general support required of the organization
• Adhering to established best practices for development/design lifecycle
• Establishing and maintaining a high quality of work
• Practicing proper business and professional ethics
• Maintain a productive work environment
Required qualifications to be successful in this role
• BS in Computer Science, or related field, or equivalent education
• Providing technical support for staff and back-end system users.
• Experience with large scale program analysis/design/development
• Familiarity with a variety of designs, languages, and methodologies (e.g. Linux, Websphere, Tomcat, MQ, J2EE, Java, Storage technology like NAS etc, Microservices, Agile and Scrum)
• Extensive knowledge of coding languages, including Java, XML, and SQL.
• Experience with Linux system integration project
• Experience with WebSphere project.
• Experience working with NAS storage.
• Experience working with IBM connect direct.
• Familiarity with DevOps practices (CI, CD and CT) and supporting tech stack
• Ability to work well with and collaborate with others, leading/coaching/mentoring teams
• Strong analytical thinking and problem-solving skills
• Self-motivated and passionate about learning and working with the latest technologies with effective communication skills
Insights you can act on
While technology is at the heart of our clients' digital transformation, we understand that people are at the heart of business success.
When you join CGI, you become a trusted advisor, collaborating with colleagues and clients to bring forward actionable insights that deliver meaningful and sustainable outcomes. We call our employees "members" because they are CGI shareholders and owners and owners who enjoy working and growing together to build a company we are proud of. This has been our Dream since 1976, and it has brought us to where we are today – one of the world's largest independent providers of IT and business consulting services.
At CGI, we recognize the richness that diversity brings. We strive to create a work culture where all belong and collaborate with clients in building more inclusive communities. As an equal-opportunity employer, we want to empower all our members to succeed and grow. If you require an accommodation at any point during the recruitment process, please let us know. We will be happy to assist.
Ready to become part of our success story? Join CGI – where your ideas and actions make a difference.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, sex, religion, creed, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, pregnancy, medical condition, military and veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or perceived sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, and gender expression, familial status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any other legally protected status or characteristics.
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at US_Employment_Compliance@cgi.com . You will need to reference the requisition number of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a requisition number will not be returned.
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Click here to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.
All CGI offers of employment in the U.S. are contingent upon the ability to successfully complete a background investigation. Background investigation components can vary dependent upon specific assignment and/or level of US government security clearance held. CGI will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrests and conviction records in accordance with all local regulations and ordinances.
CGI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with CGI's legal duty to furnish information.
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.com.