The Research and Development Division of Educational Testing Service seeks a software developer to join the software engineers and UX designers in the Research Technology Group (RTG). The RTG supports the information technology needs design, development, and deployment of the ETS Research division. The successful candidate will (a) assist with the design and implementation of engaging, interactive, and innovative assessments, (b) provide technology support for research efforts on both internal and external projects that may include national and international testing programs (e.g., NAEP, TOEFL), and (c) contribute to technological solutions for supporting access to assessments by students with disabilities.
BASIC FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
– Create, coordinate and administer the design and implementation of innovative research systems involving web applications, mobile apps, test development and delivery prototypes, and/or enhancements to existing applications and systems.
– Learn about and inform researchers regarding new technology and potential applications, and support them in their selection of hardware and software solutions.
– Investigate and evaluate conventional and emerging hardware and software technologies for their applicability to Research and corporate priorities for long-range planning, analysis, evaluation and implementation of technological improvements in research projects. Disseminate information regarding internal and external technological developments, resources and capabilities
– Work directly with areas in response to requests for technical assistance.
– Prepare and present status reports and planning documents concerning technology activities and environments to directors, managers and professional staff.
– Participate in identifying, evaluating and recommending new Research technologies and capabilities to develop or acquire. Develop and maintain Research technology plans; recommend approval funds to implement the plans.
– Develop and maintain high-level professional contacts outside of ETS through seminars and related technological meetings to provide continuing awareness of emerging technologies and their applications in the Research environment.
A Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or a related field.
– At least four years of experience building web applications, with a high degree of user interactivity, is required. Candidates with less experience will be considered for a more entry-level position..
– Highly desirable for this position are the following:
Experience developing mobile applications, and developing simulations and games using HTML5, Unity, or other technologies
Knowledge of HCI principles (such as user-centered design), Agile development, and working with open source libraries
Knowledge of server-side programming using C#, Node.js, or another language, and storing and retrieving data (using SQL or NOSQL databases)
Familiarity with Web Accessibility standards and technologies
EDUCATIONAL TESTING SERVICE is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer of Women and Minorities.
EDUCATIONAL TESTING SERVICE is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer of protected Veterans and Individuals with Disabilities.
EDUCATIONAL TESTING SERVICE is a Drug-free workplace.
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.com.