GDIT is looking for a Software Developer to help support our Mission Information Engineering (MIE). The individual hired for this position will provide support onsite for our government customer located at Eglin AFB, FL.
This is an onsite position and no relocation will be provided
In this role, a typical day will include:
- Performs the work necessary to design, develop, document, test, integrate, and modify operating systems and application software for aviation systems
- Develops, creates, troubleshoots, and modifies specialized utility programs and applications in support of real-time systems
- Performs hardware and software development planning in the incorporation of hardware and software modifications into aviation systems
- Develops software solutions by studying information needs; conferring with users; studying systems flow, data usage, and work processes; investigating problem areas; following the software development lifecycle
- Determines operational feasibility by evaluating analysis, problem definition, requirements, solution development, and proposed solutions
- Documents and demonstrates solutions by developing documentation, flowcharts, layouts, diagrams, charts, code comments and clear code
- Helps to lead other S/W engineers to perform and assist in duties.
- Secret clearance
- Bachelors degree or experience in lieu of.
- A minimum of two (2) years of practical experience in software development
- Programming Languages: Assembly; C, C++; Microsoft .Net (C#, VB); Java
- Demonstrated experience with Microsoft Windows and various Unix flavors, such as Linux
- Familiar with software development and diagnostic tools
- CompTIA Security+ CE preferred
- Desired Operating Systems: Windows 7/10, Windows Server 2008R2, Windows Server 2012R2, Red Hat Enterprise Linux 5,6,7
GDIT IS YOUR PLACE:
- Full-flex work week to own your priorities at work and at home
- 401K with company match
- Comprehensive health and wellness packages
- Internal mobility team dedicated to helping you own your career
- Professional growth opportunities including paid education and certifications
- Cutting-edge technology you can learn from
- Rest and recharge with paid vacation and holidays
Years of Experience
2 + years of related experience
* may vary based on technical training, certification(s), or degree
Less than 10%
U.S. Citizenship Required
About Our Work
We are GDIT. A global technology and professional services company that delivers consulting, technology and mission services to every major agency across the U.S. government, defense and intelligence community. Our 30,000 experts extract the power of technology to create immediate value and deliver solutions at the edge of innovation. We operate across 30 countries worldwide, offering leading capabilities in digital modernization, AI/ML, Cloud, Cyber and application development. Together with our clients, we strive to create a safer, smarter world by harnessing the power of deep expertise and advanced technology.
GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.com.